This butterscotch cookies recipe makes cookies that are chewy and loaded with M&Ms chocolate candies and butterscotch chips.These chocolate butterscotch cookies taste amazing warmed up, too. Get your milk ready!
I nearly died of excitement when I saw butterscotch m&m’s at the store. I knew immediately that they would be making an appearance in a recipe for butterscotch cookies. I love this cookie recipe so much. I have a peanut butter butterscotch cookie recipe that’s good, but this one is out of this world good.
Firstly, I think the boo-terscotch m&m’s are a Halloween thing, so get to the store to buy them. I found mine at Target. I don’t think I have come across them at any other store, but I wasn’t really looking since I had already got a few bags. If you follow me on Instagram, you already know this though. I try post some exciting stories on there on the weekends. I have a pretty boring weekday life which I *think* is pretty normal.
If you can’t find the butterscotch m&m’s, you can use any of the other M&M varieties that are out. You can also just leave them out totally, or double the butterscotch chips. The recipe is pretty flexible, which I love.
Halloween is coming on so fast. This last weekend I got my decorations up. We still need to carve our pumpkins. Lucian doesn’t especially love digging in the pumpkin guts. He gets all freaked out by it. I normally dig them out and then spend far too much time getting creative on the carving. The more advanced the carving, the better. I like a good challenge and being able to put my artsy fartsy skills to work.
Wesly is currently sitting on the floor working on building an x-wing fighter to go with our son’s x-wing fighter pilot costume. I thought this year we were going to get out of it easy. Surprise! The hubby and son thought differently! Each year we build Lucian a fancy costume to sport around town. Then we go to the costume contest at the school and try to win prizes for best costume. Last year I was an incredibly sore loser. I gave stink eyes and did a little trash talking (to my husband) because we only got second place. I’m fully invested, if you couldn’t tell.
How to Make Chewy Butterscotch Cookies:
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until the cookie dough comes together into a ball.
- Stir in the butterscotch chips and m&m's until thoroughly mixed in.
- Scoop the cookie dough and place on the prepared cookie sheet. I normally place 3 rows of 3.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Place on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions Sheet! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.