This butterscotch cookies recipe makes cookies that are chewy and loaded with M&Ms chocolate candies and butterscotch chips.These chocolate butterscotch cookies taste amazing warmed up, too. Get your milk ready!
I nearly died of excitement when I saw butterscotch m&m’s at the store. I knew immediately that they would be making an appearance in a recipe for butterscotch cookies. I love this cookie recipe so much. I have a peanut butter butterscotch cookie recipe that’s good, but this one is out of this world good.
Firstly, I think the boo-terscotch m&m’s are a Halloween thing, so get to the store to buy them. I found mine at Target. I don’t think I have come across them at any other store, but I wasn’t really looking since I had already got a few bags. If you follow me on Instagram, you already know this though. I try post some exciting stories on there on the weekends. I have a pretty boring weekday life which I *think* is pretty normal.
If you can’t find the butterscotch m&m’s, you can use any of the other M&M varieties that are out. You can also just leave them out totally, or double the butterscotch chips. The recipe is pretty flexible, which I love.
Halloween is coming on so fast. This last weekend I got my decorations up. We still need to carve our pumpkins. Lucian doesn’t especially love digging in the pumpkin guts. He gets all freaked out by it. I normally dig them out and then spend far too much time getting creative on the carving. The more advanced the carving, the better. I like a good challenge and being able to put my artsy fartsy skills to work.
Wesly is currently sitting on the floor working on building an x-wing fighter to go with our son’s x-wing fighter pilot costume. I thought this year we were going to get out of it easy. Surprise! The hubby and son thought differently! Each year we build Lucian a fancy costume to sport around town. Then we go to the costume contest at the school and try to win prizes for best costume. Last year I was an incredibly sore loser. I gave stink eyes and did a little trash talking (to my husband) because we only got second place. I’m fully invested, if you couldn’t tell.
How to Make Chewy Butterscotch Cookies:
Butterscotch CookiesPrint Pin Rate
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until the cookie dough comes together into a ball.
- Stir in the butterscotch chips and m&m's until thoroughly mixed in.
- Scoop the cookie dough and place on the prepared cookie sheet. I normally place 3 rows of 3.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Place on a cooling rack to finish cooling.