This super decadent triple chocolate cheesecake will surely please any chocolate lover. Sure, it’s a little over the top but I have no regrets! It has a chocolate oreo crust, a rich chocolate cheesecake filling, and a milk chocolate ganache topping. This is totally optional, but you can take it over the top with a chocolate whipped cream!
Chocolate week is still happening and I went a little crazy with this triple chocolate cheesecake. It’s more like a quintuple chocolate cheesecake if you want to count the chocolate whipped cream and chocolate curls, but let’s be honest, no one is going to search for that.
Also, I have a giveaway happening at the bottom of this post. You can also find it on my chocolate chocolate chip pudding cookie post. Who doesn’t want to win free stuff?
Rodelle was sweet enough to offer some of their products up to each of us chocolate week ladies to give away. I’ll share the links to the other ladies recipes down below so you can enter their giveaways too. *wink wink*
This is a variation of my coffee cheesecake recipe that everyone loves. It’s so incredibly creamy, but I’m sure you can tell that from the picture above.
It was nearly the perfect cut until one of those pesky chocolate curls took a chunk out of the side of the slice. What a little bugger, but what can you do? Accept it and move on.
I would cry about it but I tend to save all of my tears for those heartfelt movies or when I lose a character I’ve grown attached to in a series. I’m not the only one that does this, right?
So, this one time I was full on ugly crying over a series that I was completely invested in. If anyone watched Sons of Anarchy, it was the part where Gemma killed Tara. I’m still pretty bitter with Gemma.
AND so help me, if anything happens to Rick or Daryl in the upcoming Walking Dead season, the floodgates will open.
Other chocolate recipes that you didn’t know you needed in your life
Other Chocolate Week Recipes:
- Dark Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- Chocolate Cherry Milkshake
- Double Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chocolate Pudding Fudge Cake
How to make chocolate cheesecake
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
- 20 oreo cookies
- 5 T. butter melted
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 24 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Chocolate Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 - 3 tablespoons Chocolate Curls optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray sides of the pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a food processor, add in the oreo cookies. Pulse until the oreo cookies are a fine crumb. You can also add the cookies into a storage bag and crush the cookies with a rolling pin.
- Add the melted butter into the oreo cookie crumbs and pulse a couple of times until the butter is distributed.
- Dump the cookie crumbs into a 9.5 inch spring form pan. Press the crumbs down into the bottom of the pan.
- Place the pan into the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool while you work on the cheesecake filling.
Chocolate Cheesecake Filling
- In a bowl, add in the cocoa powder and sugar. Stir to combine. This will prevent lumps of cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the cream cheese. Beat on medium until creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the cocoa powder and sugar mixture in with the cream cheese. Mix on medium until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the melted bittersweet chocolate and one of the eggs into the cream cheese mixture. Beat until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the rest of the eggs one at a time until all incorporated and Scrape the sides of the bowl again.
- Add the sour cream and heavy cream into the cream cheese mixture. Beat until combined. Give the bowl one last scrape.
- Wrap the bottom of the spring form pan with heavy tin foil. I always double wrap it to prevent leaking. Place the cheesecake into a slightly bigger pan and fill with an inch to two inches of hot water. Make sure the tin foil protects the cheesecake so water doesn't leak into it.
- Pour the cheesecake batter on top of the oreo cookie crust.
- Place in the oven. Let the cheesecake bake for 1 hour 16 minutes or until done. To make sure the cheesecake is done, give it a wiggle. If it slightly jiggles in JUST the middle like jello, then it's done. If it jiggles all over, it needs to bake longer. Turn off the heat and crack the oven door slightly. Let it cool in the oven.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add in the chocolate chips and heavy cream. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat one more time and stir until the ganache comes together.
- Pour the ganache on top of the cooled cheesecake.
- Sprinkle the chocolate curls on top of the warm ganache. Keep them towards the center so you can pipe chocolate whipped cream on the outer edge.
- Place the cheesecake in the fridge until it's chilled. I let mine sit overnight.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the heavy cream. Beat on medium until soft peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, add about 1/4 cup of the whipped cream in with the melted, but cooled chocolate. You don't want it piping hot! Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate until combined.
- Add in another 1/4 cup of the whipped cream. Fold in until combined.
- Add the chocolate mixture in with the large bowl of whipped cream. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add the whipped cream in a piping bag fitted with the 1M tip.
- Pipe swirls on the top of the chilled cheesecake to finish it off.
- Slice and serve! Store in the fridge.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions and Conversions sheets! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.