All growing up my mom made thin chocolate chip cookies for my dad. It was well known that that was his favorite kind of cookie. It seems anymore that he doesn't eat any sweets. He's always worried about his weight and has never had a huge sweet tooth. I wanted to make these big beauties for him, however I was quickly told that they weren't to be brought into my parent's home. I guess some people take their resolutions very serious.
So, I fed these to my hubby. For some reason, he goes for tiny cookies. He likes the itty bitty ones that he can pop into his mouth whole. Is this strange? Either way, I made some big beautiful cookies for pictures and baby sized ones for the Mister. They were a hit.
Just like every other cookie on this planet. Someone prefers cookies over any other sweet treat. Wesley.
For whatever reason, I cannot stand chocolate chip cookies with semi-sweet chocolate chips. I've never really loved semi-sweet chips. I know some people that could eat them by the bag. It's not my thing. You better believe that I packed these full of the sweet, milk chocolate chips.
Thin and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix butter and sugars on medium until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix on medium until completely combined.
- Add in the flour, cornstarch, and baking soda. Mix on low until the flour is incorporated. If you have your mixer on medium or high, I promise you'll cover everything with flour.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the cookies onto the baking sheet. I did 3 rows of 4 on my baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown. My large cookies took 10 minutes and my itty bitty cookies took about 8. So, make sure you keep an eye on these.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Place on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)
Enjoy the thin & chewy chocolate chip cookies!