These tender double chocolate chip pudding cookies are highly addictive! If you’re a lover of soft cookies, pudding cookies are the way to go and these ones are loaded to the max with chocolate from the pudding to the chips.
Heyyy chocolate lovers, it’s chocolate week and I whipped up some chocolate pudding cookies! I thought I would join in the fun with some ladies and share of chocolate recipes! I didn’t think you would mind since we all love chocolate here.
I made this double chocolate chip cookie recipe with pudding mix a couple of times even though they turned out pretty stellar the first time around. I did notice that if you don’t scoop the cookies out all at once, they will get a little jagged. Sometimes I’ll scoop a bunch of cookies and bake them and then scoop a bunch more to bake. Like when I don’t have two cookie sheets to use or don’t feel like having to do more dishes than I need to.
You can also roll the cookie dough into a ball for a smooth cookie. This is really the way I prefer them, but it can be time-consuming. I first realized how gorgeous they looked rolled by hand when my aunt sent me a picture after she made them. She watched the video on facebook and just had to make them. I’m happy to say that my cousin is now addicted to them.
I even shared these cookies with a couple of my friends and their families. They raved about them and told me I should start a bakery. That’s a big no way. Do you know how much work goes into owning a bakery? Yeah, I don’t either, but I bet it’s a lot more than I’m ready for. Besides, I love what I’m doing right here in my own little space.
My immediate thought when it comes to having a bakery is that you have to get up like in the middle of the night and start making bread for the morning. I have never been a morning person. I’m more of one now that my son has to go to school every day that I ever used to be and I still don’t want to get up at 2 am to go play with some bread dough.
Other great chocolate week recipes
Do I have to use Hershey’s instant pudding? No, but it’s my favorite to use.
Do I have to use instant pudding? Yes!
Double Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (I use Rodelle)
- 2 eggs
- 1 (3.56 oz) box Hershey's instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 (11.5 oz) bag milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Beat on medium with a hand mixer until light and fluff.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs one at a time and beat until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the dry pudding mix, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the wet ingredients. Beat on low until most of the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Turn mixer to medium and beat until the dry ingredients are just incorporated.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir until they are evenly distributed in the cookie dough.
- Scoop the dough onto the cookie sheet using a medium cookie scoop. I did 6 cookies at a time. Roll the dough between your hands to form a ball.
- Place the cookie sheet into the preheated oven and let the cookies bake for 12 minutes or until done. The time will vary on the size cookie you made.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes. They will be really soft fresh out of the oven.
- Once cooled slightly, place onto a paper towel or wire rack to cool completely OR eat warm. YUM!
- Store in an airtight container.