I have an exciting new recipe for the chocolate lovers out there! This easy chocolate cream pie recipe is over the top and perfect for that Valentine’s day dessert! It’s totally no bake and so simple to make. It’s loaded with a chocolate french silk filling and then made pretty with some piped chocolate whipped cream and chocolate curls.
Lately, I’ve been feeling the chocolate desserts and I know a lot of you must be too. The chocolate trifles for two have gone over really well these last couple of weeks and I have a sneaking suspicion this chocolate cream pie recipe will to0. My sweet, sweet child told me today it was the best chocolate cream pie recipe he’s had. So, that doesn’t exactly mean much since it’s the only one he’s ever had, but I have to agree.
I have had a few slices of chocolate cream pie in my day and this one was pretty spectacular. The chocolate french silk dessert mix I used was the perfect mousse texture.
Looking at this pie, you would think that it could easily be overly sweet. Surprise! It’s not. Don’t get me wrong, it’s sweet but we’ve all had that dessert that’s so sweet that you’re good after one bite. In fact, I just had it happen with a 3-ingredient peanut butter cookie last week. Yeah, this pie isn’t anything like that!
It’s perfect in every way possible, from the chocolate oreo crust to the chocolate whipped cream and homemade chocolate curls. I think the only downside is waiting for it to set up. It can take 3 – 5 hours to set up, so my recommendation is to make it the night before.
Can chocolate cream pie be frozen?
Yes! You absolutely can. I would say it should be fine stored in the freezer up to 2 months. I’m sure it’s tasty frozen, but you can thaw it in the fridge overnight.
If you’re storing it in the fridge, it’s shelf-life is about 3 to 4 days, but I’m positive it won’t last that long! Make sure to cover it with plastic wrap.
So pass on the dessert menu at Valentine’s Day dinner this year and surprise your honey at home with a Royal Delights Dessert Mix creation that is sure to leave them wanting more.
Get more chocolate recipes
How to make chocolate cream pie
Mile High Chocolate Cream Pie
This mile high chocoate cream pie will satisfy the chocolate lover in everyone. From the crust to the whipped cream, there's chocolate in every layer! It's so easy to make and will surely impress!
- 25 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 6 T. butter melted
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 3.87 oz. boxes Royal Delights Chocolate French Silk Dessert Mix
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream divided
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- large chocolate curls
- In a food processor, add in the chocolate sandwich cookies. Pulse until the cookies are a crumb mixture.
- Add in the melted butter and pulse until the crumbs are competely coated with butter.
- Press the crumbs into a 9 1/2 inch pie plate. Try to evenly distribute the crumbs on the bottom and sides of the pie plate. Press firmly so the crust holds together. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add in both the chocolate chips and heavy cream. Microwave in 30 second intervals and stirring after each interval until the ganache is smooth.
- Place into the freezer for 5 minutes to thicken up.
- Pour the ganache on top of the pie crust. Spread it on the entire bottom of the pan.
- Place into the freezer for 10 - 15 minutes until it's firm. Begin working on the mousse.
- In a large mixing bowl add in the 2 boxes of dessert mix and 2 cups of milk. Beat on medium with a hand mixer for 2 minutes until thick like pudding. Turn the hand mixer to high and beat for an additional 4 minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Spread the mousse on top of the ganache layer of the pie. It will be taller than the pie plate. You'll want to shape it like a domed mountain making sure it meets the chocolate crust and doesn't cover it up.
- Loosely cover the pie trying not to touch the mousse layer and place in the fridge overnight to set up. I would say at least let it set up for 5 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, add the chocolate whipped cream.
- Add the chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of heavy cream into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat microwaving and stirring until the chocolate is smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
- Add the remaining heavy cream into the same bowl we used before for whipped cream. Beat on medium until stiff peaks form.
- Add the cooled chocolate mixture to the whipped cream. Fold in until combined.
- Add the chocolate whipped cream into a piping bag fitted with the 1M piping tip.
- Just before serving, pipe the whipped cream on top of the pie. You can also just use a spatula and spread it on top of the pie. My technique was piping shells on the edges of the pie. Added the second layer slightly overlapping the first and then a third.
- Load the chocolate curls on the top of the cake.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Click the link to find your nearest Walmart sore where this chocolate french silk dessert mix can be found!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.0