Peppermint cheesecake brownies because peppermint and dark chocolate are meant to be together. It's just a plus that they're together in a cheesecake + brownie combo with cute Christmas sprinkles thrown in the mix. That brownie is the most fudgy brownie ever. It's suiting for the cheesecake layer that's sitting on top of it.
Wesley (if you're new here, that's my hubby) has officially ate his first dessert with SPLENDA® in it. I'm a serious lover of SPLENDA® and have been for years, but I don't believe he's ever had the pleasure to try it. He was completely shocked when I told him that I had used it in this recipe. There's not a bitter aftertaste that sweeteners have the bad rap of having.
I normally use granulated sugar in all my recipes, but I wanted to join in on the Sweet Swaps™ fun since I do love the product so much. It's good to try new things, right? If you want to join me, stop by your local Walmart and pick up some SPLENDA® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener and Brown Sugar Blend. Save a few calories this holiday season with me.
I'm so excited to be visiting my family for Thanksgiving. The hubby always has to come back home and work on Friday and Saturday while Lucian and I stay at my parents. That part isn't nearly as exciting though. 🙁 My mom and I have a day out Friday and shop until we literally drop and Lucian has some fun bonding time with his papa. It's kind of a tradition. Does anyone else join the crazy crowds Friday or do you prefer to just stay inside with the fam? We normally hit up Walmart and a few stores at the Mall. My favorite part is going out to dinner though!
Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies
- 2 8 oz . pkg cream cheese room temperature
- ¾ cup SPLENDA® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp . peppermint extract
- 2 T . Festive sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 11x7 baking pan with parchment paper. Leave an overhang of parchment paper on two sides of the baking pan to use as a handle to remove the bars later on.
- Spray the two sides of the baking pan without parchment paper with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the butter and baking chocolate. Place in the microwave for 45 seconds. Stir and repeat until the butter and chocolate is melted. Whisk to combine.
- Add in the SPLENDA® granulated and brown sugar blend, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix with a hand mixer until fluffy and incorporated. (About 2 minutes)
- Add in the cocoa powder and flour and mix just until the flour is incorporated.
- Spread the brownies into the prepared pan. It will be a thick batter, so take your time spreading it out and trying to keep the parchment paper in place.
- Place into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes. This will partially bake the brownies and prepare it for the cheesecake filling. Set aside and prepare cheesecake filling.
- Reduce oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the cream cheese and SPLENDA®. Mix until combined.
- Add in the peppermint extract and the eggs. Mix until thoroughly combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for another 30 seconds.
- Add in the festive sprinkles and stir in with a spatula.
- Spread the cheesecake filling evenly on top of the brownie.
- Place in the 325 degree F oven and bake for 30 - 35 minutes until the cheesecake is set. Give the cheesecake a jiggle and if the edges stay firm, it's ready.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Place in the fridge overnight.
- Cut and serve.