Okay, my friend Kim got a bunch of us together to do a waffle week. So, because desserts are my thing and I have been dreaming of a waffle cake for some time, I just went for it with this pumpkin pie waffle cake. I’m giggling at myself right now because I literally just posted my first dinner..ish recipe two days before this post and here I am all preaching about being a dessert crazed woman. If you’re dying to see what it is, here’s my pizza pull apart bread. Feast your eyes, do it.
It’s only natural that I had to incorporate maple in the recipe since they are waffles. Lucky for me, pumpkin pie and maple are like BFF’s. I only wish I had some of that real maple syrup. The kind that costs a billion dollars, sweet has heck and tastes freaking amazing.
Try to line up the waffles a little better than I did. It would really make cutting the quarters a ton easier. Just a suggestion of course.
Pumpkin Pie Waffle Cake
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 4 oz . cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tsp . maple extract
- 1 + 1/2 powdered sugar
Butter Pecan Glaze
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1 tsp . bourbon
- Heat up your waffle maker.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and clove. Stir to combine.
- Separate the egg yolks and whites.
- Beat the egg whites on high until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Add the buttermilk, egg yolks, melted butter, vanilla bean paste and pumpkin into the dry ingredients. Mix with the hand mixer until incorporated.
- Fold in the stiff egg whites. The mixture will be slighly lumpy.
- Scoop about 3/4 to 1 cup of the batter into the waffle maker. I quickly spread my batter to the edges of the waffle maker before shutting it.
- Let the waffles cook until done. Mine took about 5 minutes to crisp up.
- I layed my waffles out on a piece of wax paper and did not stack them. This was so they didn't get super soft.
- Let the waffles cool completely before stacking them and adding the maple buttercream.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter and cream cheese. Mix on medium/high until smooth and combined.
- Add in the maple extract and powdered sugar. Mix on low until just combined. Turn the mixer to medium/high and beat for another minute until fluffy.
- Place in a disposable bag with a coupler.
- Place a waffle on a cake stand. Pipe a nice layer of buttercream on the top of the waffle. Add another waffle. Repeat with the remaining waffles. I used 5 waffles all together.
- Place in the fridge to chill for about 1 - 2 hours.
Butter Pecan Glaze
- In a small saucepan, add in the butter, brown sugar and chopped pecans. Place over medium heat and let butter melt.
- Let the sugar melt and come together with the butter. Stir occasionally. It will take about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the bourbon. Stir to combine. It will bubble and get frothy.
- Pour the hot mixture onto the chilled waffles.
- Cut and serve.
If you’re looking for a waffle maker or are just curious as to which one I used, here it is, the Black & Decker waffle maker(aff. link). It was a Christmas present to my hubby from my mama and dad. They know he loves his waffles. 😀
- Cheese & Pear Waffle Appetizer by The Freshman Cook
- Waffled Polenta Crisps with Caponata by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Buckwheat Waffles Benedict by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Churro Waffles by A Nerd Cooks
- Coconut Flour Waffles with Spiced Pineapple Syrup by Aloha Flavor
- Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Pecan Waffles by Rhubarb and Honey
- Orange and Dark Chocolate Waffles by Cookie Monster Cooking
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Stuffed French Toast Waffles by The Spiffy Cookie
- Potato Waffle Eggs Florentine by Eats Well With Others
- Pumpkin Waffle Sandwiches with Apple Butter and Melted Brie by Go Go Go Gourmet
- Brown Sugar Chicken and Waffles by GirlCarnivore
- Cauliflower Cheese Waffles by Food Lust People Love
- Chicken and Spiced Sweet Potato Waffles by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Hummus Waffles with Sausage and Sun-Dried Tomatoes by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Mac and Cheese Waffles with Honey Bunches Chicken by Baking In A Tornado
- Sweet & Savoury Sausage & Apple Waffles by Fuchsia Freezer
- Sweet Potato Waffles with Horseradish Sauce by Our Good Life
- Apple Pie Waffles by Spiced
- Banana Split Waffles by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Homemade Waffle Cones by Eva Bakes
- Neapolitan Waffles by Dinner at the Zoo
- Pumpkin Pecan Waffles by Feed Me, Seymour
- Pumpkin Pie Waffle Cake by Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
- Red Velvet Waffles with Bourbon Cherry Syrup & Cream Cheese Drizzle by Cooking In Stilettos
This post contains affiliate links. Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions and Conversions sheets! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.