This post was sponsored by Dunkin’ Donuts as part of a Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.
If I was going to throw a Dunkin Donuts party, I knew I had to include some baked vanilla coffee donuts to pair with the coffee. While I was down visiting my parents, I had invited a few family members over to join me and my parents in the coffee fun. I brewed a few pots of coffee using the new Dunkin Donuts Bakery Series line in the Vanilla Cupcake flavor.
Once I got everyone sat down, we began chatting and drinking. We all prepared our coffee how we like it. My preference is a couple packets of no calorie sweetener and some creamer. The coffee was heavenly. It tasted like a dessert. It smelled like vanilla cupcakes for sure and tasted like it had cake batter mixed in it. There wasn't a strong coffee flavor though. I noticed all the ladies at the party adored the coffee. My father, who is a man of habit and dislikes most things sweet, wasn't so keen on the coffee. He likes a strong coffee. A coffee that will straighten the curliest of hairs.
We all have our opinions, but if I can have a dessert for a morning pick-me-up, I'm certainly all for it. I loved it so much that I used the coffee and infused it into my baked donuts recipes. Guess what? They tasted amazing. I tested the recipe several times because getting them perfect, but I did it!
That's the fun and/or frustration of making recipes. Sometimes they fail or just don't have the flavor you were expecting and you must tweak until it's what you wanted. If I have to remake a recipe more than 4 or 5 times though, I tend to start throwing tantrums. It's true, folks. I'm not perfect. haha
Baked Vanilla Coffee Donuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon butter vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Sprinkles for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a donut pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add in the heavy cream and coffee. Let it simmer for 15 minutes and stirring occasionally. Don't let it come to a boil. If it does, reduce the heat.
- Use a strainer lined with cheese cloth or a coffee filter, strainer the milk.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the melted butter, ½ cup coffee infused milk, instant coffee, egg, sour cream, vanilla butter extract. Whisk until incorporated.
- Add in the granulated sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine all of the ingredients.
- Add the batter into a large piping bag.
- Pipe the batter into the donut pan.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake for 7 - 8 minutes. The edges will be golden brown.
- Dump the donuts onto a paper towel and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the powdered sugar, extract and cream. Whisk until a thick glaze forms.
- Dip the cooled donuts into the glaze. Add some sprinkles and let the glaze dry.
- Serve with a hot cup of coffee.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)
I know you want to see the party. Here it is. Mustaches and all.
If you want to get your hands on the Dunkin' Donuts Vanilla Cupcake Flavored Coffee, check at your local supermarket. You can click here to find all the stores near you that carries the coffee.