What’s Thanksgiving without some pecans? Exactly. You must have pecans. MUST. With that being said, that me introduce you to a new bar I have whipped together. I was thinking about making a good ol’ pecan pie this year, but instead I decided to play it risk-ayyyy. I feel as if I am good with saying I nailed it. The crust is a delicious layer of sugar cookie dough. The pecan pie filling had sunk into the cookie crust somewhat. Nothing wrong with pecan pie infused sugar cookies, right?
See? I love that crunchy pecan seal that has formed on the top of these bars too. It encases all the gooey filling and its pecans. What a wonderful dessert for Thanksgiving. Nothing is better than a bar that you can pick up and eat down without a gigantic mess. Oh, and it’s packed full of pecans. PECANS! I love pecans.
Today has been kind of hectic, so I’m going to get going on the recipe. I hope you enjoy the pecan pie bars!
Pecan Pie Bars
Pecan Pie Filling
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 3 T. salted butter melted
- 2 cups pecans fined chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of the pan. Place it in and spray the top with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, add in butter and sugar. Mix on medium until completely combined. Scrape down the bowl and mix in any remaining butter or sugar.
- Add in the egg and vanilla. Mix on medium until well incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add in all of the flour and mix on low so the flour doesn't go everywhere. Once the flour is mostly incorporated, turn the mixing on medium and mix until flour is combined. If the dough doesn't come together completely, add in a teaspoon to two teaspoons of milk and mix again. The dough should come together.
- Press the dough into the bottom of the pan. Make sure you get all the corners and edges.
- Place the crust in the oven for 20 minutes. The edges will start to brown up.
- As soon as the 20 minutes are up, have the pecan pie filling ready to go on the crust.
Pecan Pie Filling
- In a medium sized bowl, add in all of the ingredients and whisk until combined.
- As soon as the crust comes out, pour the filling in and put back in the oven.
- Bake at 350 for 32-35 minutes or until done. Let the bars cool completely before slicing. Slice and eat.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions and Conversions sheets! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.