This Little Debbie Strawberry Shortcake Dip is made with those delicious Strawberry Shortcake Rolls, cream cheese, vanilla, and whipped topping. It's a fluffy, sweet strawberry dip that tastes great with pretzels!
If you've ever looked at the Little Debbie Snack Cakes and wondered how you could use those in a recipe, have I got a treat for you. Little Debbie Strawberry Shortcake Dip is a creamy and delicious blend of cream cheese, crushed snack cakes, whipped cream, and strawberry syrup.
This luscious dip is lovely for a Springtime party and works really well for a pink theme. The cream cheese adds just the right touch of cheese flavor making it seem almost like a no-bake cheesecake. Thick and creamy, it pairs perfectly with pretzels for a sweet and salty treat, cookies, or vanilla wafers.
Ingredients for Strawberry Shortcake Dip
- Little Debbie Strawberry Shortcake Rolls. You'll need 1.5 boxes or 9 rolls. So if you need to make a ton for a party, three boxes is perfect.
- Cream Cheese. Set this out a couple hours before you want to make the dip so that it is soft. A dairy-free substitute will work.
- Vanilla Extract. Real vanilla extract is preferred.
- Whipped Topping. I like the Extra Creamy version, but any whipped cream will work, including dairy-free.
- Strawberry Syrup or Strawberry Glaze. The glaze can be purchased where the pie fillings are in the store, sometimes only in the summer. Strawberry syrup will be near the hot cocoa and chocolate milk powder.
How to Make Little Debbie Strawberry Shortcake Dip
Making this dip is very easy and the results are yummy enough to make it as a special after-school snack for your kids or any time you want a sweet dessert appetizer. To begin, you will pulse the strawberry shortcake rolls in a food processor. Then you will add the cream cheese and vanilla and pulse it all again to combine.
Next, you will put the cream cheese mixture in a bowl, and fold in the whipped cream. You don't want to use the food processor or a hand mixer for this step because you want to preserve the light airiness of the whipped cream. Finish off the dessert with a drizzle of strawberry syrup or glaze over the top of the dip. Serve your dip with cookies, vanilla wafers, or pretzels.
Tips for Best Results
You can use a disposable piping bag or Ziplock baggy with a hole cut in the corner to pipe the strawberry syrup in a pattern on top of the dip mixture.
A pulse button on a food processor does a short zip of the food. Tap and release a regular button to get the same effect. Short, quick bursts of spin so that you don't pulverize or puree the food instantly.
Strawberry Shortcake Dip would make a great layer for a trifle. Alternate between the dip, a layer of strawberry pie filling or macerated strawberries, and crunched-up shortbread cookies or ladyfingers.
Make sure you scrape down the sides of the food processor between each step to get everything evenly incorporated.
Mix up your dip the day before so you have less to do on the day of your party or event! it will keep perfectly well in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make a dairy-free strawberry shortcake dip with Little Debbie Snack Cakes?
No. The Little Debbie Strawberry Shortcake rolls have a small amount of whey in them. Whey is derived from dairy, so, therefore, they are not dairy-free. However, if you just want to reduce the amount of dairy significantly, you can use a dairy-free substitute for the cream cheese and a non-dairy whipped cream.
How do I store leftover strawberry shortcake dip?
This dip needs to be kept in a refrigerator and will last for a few days in an airtight container. You can also freeze the dip and thaw it later for use at a different time. If you have a bunch left, freezing it is great so you can use it for a future party. It will keep for two or three months in the freezer.
How long can strawberry shortcake dip sit out at a party?
Your dip should be perfectly fine to sit out on a serving table for a few hours but will need refrigerated if you plan to keep it after the party.
More Dessert Dips to Enjoy
Monster Cookie Dough Dip - A flourless cookie dough dip that has all of the add-ins of the monster cookie.
Cannoli Dip - Fluffy, cannoli filling made into a delicious cannoli dip.
Maple Bacon Sugar Cookie Dip - sugar cookie dip with a gooey maple bacon layer on top.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip A flourless cookie dough that tastes just like chocolate chip cookie dough except fluffy and so creamy!
More Dessert Recipes to try
Strawberry Shortcake Dip
- 9 Little Debbie Strawberry Shortcake Rolls 1 ½ boxes
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons strawberry syrup or strawberry glaze
- In the food processor, add in the strawberry shortcake rolls. Pulse until the rolls are completely broke down, smooth, and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the food processor.
- Add the cream cheese and vanilla extract into the food processor. Pulse until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the food processor and pulse in any remaining bits until combined.
- Scoop the cream cheese mixture into a medium bowl.
- Add in the whipped topping and fold until thoroughly combined.
- Add the strawberry syrup to a storage bag or sandwich bag. Cut a small hole in one of the corners and pipe the strawberry syrup back and forth on top of the dip.
- Serve with pretzels, Nilla wafers, cookies, etc.
- Store any remaining dip covered in the fridge.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)