So, I’ve told you many times that I love sweet and salty treats. The perfect combination sends my taste buds on a whirlwind of excitement. I’ve shared with you my mom’s no-bake recipe, but this is spruced up. I added some salty, buttery pretzels so the mix and voila! Sweet and salty no-bakes.
This. is. heaven.
I first attempted a recipe with all pretzels, but they didn’t absorb like the oats do so I had a choice to make. Did I want to add more pretzels or add in oats. Turns out, rolled oats and crushed pretzels are the perfect combination!
No only does the pretzel add salty, buttery goodness, but it also sneaks in a crunch. A wonderful crunch.
You don’t want to miss out on these! I promise.
Sweet and Salty Pretzel No-Bake Cookies
- Take a couple handfuls of pretzels and throw them in a ziplock bag. Using a rolling pin, give the pretzels a couple taps. You can also roll across the pretzels a few times until you get the size pretzels you want.
- Measure out the pretzels, oats, and peanut butter. It's best to have these ready for when the mixture is done. Also, lay down a strip of wax or parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan, add the butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa powder. Put the heat on medium and stir until everything is a liquid consistency. Continue stirring until the mixture comes to a boil.
- When the mixture starts to boil, set the timer for 2 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- When the timer goes off, dump in the pretzel, oats, peanut butter, and vanilla. Stir until everything is combined. You'll want to do this quickly since the mixture will start hardening.
- Take a large cookie scoop, and start scooping the mixture onto the wax paper. It will take 10 to 15 minutes for the no-bakes to harden completely. They should pull right off the wax paper when they are dry.
I hope you enjoy the sweet and salty pretzel no-bakes!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions Sheet! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.