So, this is easy blueberry jam is my first post since being on vacation. We went down to my home town where we attended a Breaking Benjamin concert, viewed the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon, but did not hike it, went to Animal Land, Buffalo Zoo and Niagara Falls. It was a fantastic vacation and I wished we had time to stop at one of the 5ish blueberry farms we passed. That’s right, it’s blueberry season. The one that I know of where I live now is closed. They apparently lost their blueberries to the hard winter we had.
I made do with some store bought blueberries for now. They were huge and so sweet, so I’m pretty content with them. My intentions with this easy blueberry jam is to put in a thumbprint cookie. You know me, I can’t just go out and buy a jam. I have to make it. One of my favorite things about summer time is all the fresh fruit. Something about fresh fruit desserts get me all giddy. How about you?
Things I love about this easy blueberry jam.
1. The jam has nice bits of blueberry.
2. It’s an incredibly deep purple in color which I can’t get enough of but can easily be mistaken for grape jam if not marked properly.
3. It is incredibly quick to make. Only about 20 minutes to be exact.
4. It only uses 2 ingredients.
5. Last but not least, the recipe makes the perfect amount. (1 + 1/2 cups)
Easy Blueberry Jam
- 2 1/4 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Place a small plate in the freezer. This will help us know when the jam is ready. It just has to be chilled prior to testing the jam on it.
- In a medium saucepan, add in the blueberries and sugar. Place over medium heat.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon or a potato masher, mash the blueberries to help get the juices flowing. Stir occasionally.
- Let cook for about 18 - 20 minutes. Once it becomes thick and syrupy, remove your plate from the freezer. Place the jam on the plate and if the edges set up after sitting on the plate about 1 minute, it's ready. Mine only took 18 minutes to cook.
- Remove from the heat and place in a container. Place in the refrigerator. It will set up when it's chilled.
Have you ever had blueberry jam? Would you make it knowing that it’s incredibly easy to me?