Snickerdoodle cookies are soft, cake-like, cinnamon sugar cookies. This Snickerdoodles recipe makes the best snickerdoodle cookies that you’ll make and eat. The cinnamon sugar coating is heavenly.
This is the first time I’ve tried my hand at making snickerdoodle cookies. I’ve never really made them before because until now, I didn’t find them amazing. Wesley does though. We’re complete opposites. Our zodiac signs say so. These snickerdoodles, however, are quite tasty. They are cakey, but chewy. It’s an awesome cookie recipe.
I think snickerdoodle cookies would be an awesome cookie baked like the black and white cookie, also known as the half moon. Not to get off subject, but the chocolate half moons at the Wegman’s in Hornell, NY are amazing. I had some at the Wegman’s in Binghamton, NY and they were a touch of a let down. So, If you ever find your way to the very small area, try them. YUM.
I think if there is a snickerdoodles recipe to be tried, this is the one. It’s a wonderful textured cookie. I made mine huge, like most of my cookies, so I only got about a dozen cookies out of the recipe. I think if you make your cookies in a regular cookie scoop or with a tablespoon, you’ll probably get two dozen cookies.. just saying.
I hauled the leftover cookies down to my parents. My mom finished off two of them and Wesley got the other two. They’re both huge cookie lovers. Speaking of going down to my parents, we went to the flea market down in that area. Every time we go, I see these humongous cookies that look so fluffy and perfectly baked. Each time I tell Wesley that we should get some. I get back to the truck and take a huge bite and then pout. The disappointment sets in. I can not believe a cookie that looks so beautiful tastes like raw flour and old butter. I think she forgot the peanut butter in my peanut butter cookie and possibly used old chocolate chips that were rolled on the floor when making the chocolate chip cookies. I’m taking a pledge to never buy a cookie from there again. It only took 10 tries. Don’t judge.
Snickerdoodle Inspired Desserts
If you love the taste of snickerdoodles, here are some delicious snickerdoodle-inspired dessert recipes to try:
- Snickerdoodle Cake with Brown Sugar Buttercream
- Snickerdoodle Blondies
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Snickerdoodles
- Apple Pie Stuffed Snickerdoodles
Soft and Chewy Snickerdoodles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In the mixing bowl, add in the butter and shortening. Using a paddle attachment on medium speed, mix until combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl down.
- Add in 1 cup granulated sugar and the brown sugar. Mix on medium until light and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla and one egg at a time and continue mixing. Once the egg is incorporated add in the second egg and continue mixing. Once both eggs are incorporated, scrape down the sides.
- Add in the cake flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix on low until the flour starts to combine with the wet mixture. Scrape down the sides and turn the mixer up to medium until everything is combined.
- In a shallow bowl, add in 1 cup granulated sugar and cinnamon. Stir together.
- Scoop the dough with a 1 1/2 T. cookie scoop and place into the cinnamon sugar. Roll the dough into it's completely covered.
- Place on baking sheet to bake. Leave 1 to 2 inches between each cookie. Once the cookie sheet is full, bake for 10 minutes depending on the size of your cookies.