Sometimes you don’t need an entire batch of cookies! That’s where this recipe for chocolate cookies for two comes in. Of course you should probably like chocolate cookies first though. These have a little surprise inside to sweeten the deal too. Do you want to know what’s inside? It’s a chocolate bar! Well, half of one actually. I split the chocolate bar between the two cookies so they both had a little surprise! If you eat these warm, the center will be oh so gooey. If you eat them at room temperature, the chocolate will still be soft and easy to cut through with your spoon.
You could also go all out and add a third chocolate component. Drizzle some hot fudge on the top of these guys and call it a day. Yeah, these are rich. I would even dare to say that they’re decadent, but worth every single calorie.
I also couldn’t help but add a little pop of color to the cookie. I went with little peanut butter filled candies because I liked the contrast. It had absolutely nothing to do with peanut butter being my very favorite thing to eat. Nothing at all. *wink* You could easily switch those out with chocolate chips, mint chips, caramel chips, other candies. Basically anything you have on hand will do.
I’m absolutely in love with all these new dishes that I got from Revol. I’m a sucker for white on white so there’s that, but those scalloped edges are everything too. The quality is superb. The pans have a little heft to them which reminds me of a higher quality pan. I could have just created that theory in my head, but it’s out in the open now. All of the pans are made in France and shipped over to the US which is pretty neat.
Chocolate Cookies for TwoPrint Pin Rate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 4.5 inch pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the butter, granulated and brown sugars. Beat on medium until incorporated.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and beat on medium until the egg is combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add in the cocoa powder, flour, and baking powder. Beat until the dry ingredients are incorporated and scrape down the sides. Stir to mix in any remaining flour.
- Divide the dough into 4.
- Add a quarter into the first prepared pan.
- Split the chocolate bar in half and gently press it into the cookie dough.
- Add another quarter on top of the chocolate bar. Press the dough to the sides of the pans. Be sure the chocolate bar is completely covered.
- Repeat filling the second pan with the dough and candy bar.
- Sprinkle the peanut butter filled candies on top of the cookies. You can leave them out or substitute them if you prefer.
- Place into the oven and bake for 18 - 19 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with hot fudge topping.
- Serve warm or at room temperature!