Brownie Cookies are rich chocolate cookies loaded with semi-sweet chocolate chips. They have a shiny, crispy brownie top and they are studded with M&M chocolate candies. The best cookie recipe for brownie lovers!
Brownie Cookies with M&M’s
I’m on a cookie recipe kick, folks. After doing some experimenting, I have this brownie cookies recipe to share with you. I love the shiny, crinkled top that resembles homemade brownies. There’s something about it, whether it’s on a cookie or a brownie gives me great satisfaction.
This time of the year gets me in the mood to make an over abundance of cookies. I have gathered four different cookie cookbooks in the last few months for inspiration. I haven’t needed them though. The ideas are just flowing out of me. It’s probably all of the holiday music and movies that I’ve been drilling into my brain since the day after Thanksgiving.
I’ve been heating these cookies up in the microwave for about 20 seconds before taking them down. I’m a cookies fresh out of the oven girl, so this is my solution. It does the job. It satisfies my need for a soft and gooey chocolate cookie too. I also love dipping them in a cup of hot coffee or cocoa.
The hubby, who is my complete opposite, will just take them down. They don’t need to be warmed or dipped. He just needs a glass of milk to wash them down. If he wants to get fancy with it, he’ll make it chocolate milk. I can almost guarantee if I like something one way, he’ll like it the complete opposite. Somehow we can make it work, pretty smoothly I might add. Maybe it’s because we’ve been together for so long that we’ve learned to just pick our battles. I don’t know.
I almost forgot to tell you!! Some of my blogger friends and I are doing a $200 giveaway. You can scroll down to the bottom of the post to enter. Another giveaway is pretty fitting since I’m in the process of doing my 9 days of Christmas giveaways. Speaking of, I had to take a day off because my Try the World Box came later than I anticipated. I rushed to test my recipe I wanted to use for the box AND it came out tasting amazing and looking horrible. I just couldn’t bring myself to photograph them. They were that hideous!
Brownie Cookies Recipe
- 1 tsp . baking powder
- 1 tsp . salt
- 1 + 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 12 oz . bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp . vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/4 cup mini baking m&m's divided
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper.
- Add the first three ingredients into a bowl. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add in the semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter. Place into the microwave and heat for 30 seconds. Stir thoroughly.
- Microwave for another 20 seconds and stir thoroughly.
- If the chips aren't completely melted, microwave one more time for 20 seconds and stir again. Set aside and immediately start working on the next step.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the granulated and brown sugar, 3 eggs, and vanilla extract. Beat for about 1 - 2 minutes on high until thick and pale.
- Immediately add in the warm semi-sweet melted chocolate, dry ingredients, and 1 cup of m&m's. Beat until everything is incorporated. Use a spatula and scrape the bottom to get all of the chocolate incorporated.
- Using a large scoop, scoop out all of the batter onto the prepared pans. I did 6 - 7 scoops per a pan. Leave a little room for the cookies to spread.
- If you have extra batter, pull out some extra parchment paper that will fit on the baking pan and scoop the remaining onto that paper. It's important to get all of the dough scooped and ready for the oven before the chocolate cools and gets rough. You won't get the shiny crinkled brownie top if it gets to the rough texture.
- Sprinkle a handful of extra m&m's on top of the cookies for extra color.
- Place into the oven and bake for 17 minutes. This will depend on the size of the cookies. Mine were HUGE! Remove from the oven and let cool for about 15 minutes before moving them. This will help them pull away from the parchment paper and stay together while moving them.
Now for that giveaway!
You must be 18 years or older to enter. This giveaway is not sponsored by Target, Amazon or Paypal. Entries must be received by 11:29 pm on December 18 to qualify. You must have a valid email address to collect your prize if you win.0