Yes, of course I love butterfingers. Peanut butter is my all time favorite. I should really try my hand at making more brownies. I just can’t help truly loving boxed mix brownies. They’re gooey, chocolatey, and have awesome shiny crusted tops. Yummmm.
This months chocolate party theme was chocolate and candy. It seems this entire month so far all my posts have been candy and chocolate. It’s the spirit of Halloween I think. I love everything about October. Fall starts to set in. We can play in the leaves and then rake them up and bag them for the village to pick up. Pumpkin picking. Halloweenie. ahhhh.. so much fun!
So, I guess I never had butterfingers around long enough to try to make anything with them. Once I started making these, it was a unique experience. I was kind of in shock of how sticky and gooey the butterfingers had become once I turned them into a powdery consistency and added some cream. There must be some honey in those puppies.
These were gone in a blink of an eye. The husband ate them down rather quicker than the usual sugary treat. He also loves butterfingers.
- 1 box brownie mix
- 6 butterfingers
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Prepare the brownies according to the box. I used an 8x8 square pan for my brownies. Let them cool.
- Scrape the chocolate coating off the butterfingers.
- Break apart the butterfingers and put them in a food processor. Process the butterfingers until they become a fine powder.
- Add the heavy cream and powdered sugar and continue processing until the mixture becomes a creamy, thick mixture.
- Spread the butterfinger cream over the cooled brownies.
- Sprinkle the chocolate scrapings over top of the brownies.
- Place in the fridge for an hour for the butterfinger cream to harden. Cut and serve.
Enjoy the butterfinger brownies!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions and Conversions sheets! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.