It’s time for the peanut butter bash again and I made some chocolate peanut butter crunch trifles for the party. The theme this month was peanut butter and ritz crackers. I wasn’t quite sure what I wanted to make. I thought long and hard about some kind of peanut butter cracker bark but eventually decided against it and I don’t regret it one bit. Not that that wouldn’t make an amazing recipe, but because these trifles were loved by all.
The salted, buttery crackers and butterfinger bits stepped up the game for these crunch trifles. I almost always make a peanut butter cream cheese mousse for the trifles, but I wanted to switch it up this time. I spun my lazy susan around searching for ideas and BAM! I came across a box of white chocolate pudding. Yep, that’s the sign. Peanut butter pudding it is.
I loveeee butterfingers. love ’em to pieces. I’m so pleased that I thought to include them in this recipe to add another crunch factor to go along with the crackers. So, the layers are in this order. Peanut butter pudding, crushed ritz crackers, milk chocolate ganache, Butterfinger bits and repeat. Easy enough, right?
Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Trifles
Peanut Butter Pudding
- 3.3 oz . white chocolate pudding
- 1 + 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp . vanilla extract
Milk Chocolate Ganache
- 3/4 milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 25 Ritz crackers crushed
- 1 cup Butterfinger baking bits
- In a mixing bowl, add in the white chocolate pudding mix and milk. Whisk for 2 minutes until it's thickened.
- Add in the peanut butter and vanilla extract. Beat with a hand mixer until completely incorporated.
- Place in a disposable piping bag and set aside. You could also spoon it into your trifle cup if you don't have a piping bag.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add in the chocolate chips and heavy cream. Microwave for 45 seconds. Stir.
- Microwave for an additional 30 seconds and stir until smooth. If there are still lumps. you will need to microwave another 30 seconds.
- Pipe the peanut butter pudding in the bottom of the cup or bowl.
- Add 1 - 2 tablespoons of ritz crackers on top of the pudding.
- Pour a layer of ganache and tap it to cover all the crackers.
- Add 1 - 2 tablespoons of Butterfinger baking bits.
- Repeat the layers.
- Sprinkles Butterfinger bits to the top of the trifles.
We’ve had so many readers want to join us that we’ve started a peanut butter sharing group for all! Join us at The Peanut Butter Recipe Box Facebook Group!
Bloggers, do you want to join in on the peanut butter bash fun? If so, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to join the Peanut Butter Bash facebook group! The first Thursday of each month we post a dessert/sweet with peanut butter and a mystery ingredient. This month’s ingredients were peanut butter and ritz crackers.
Here are the other peanut butter and ritz cracker creations!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions and Conversions sheets! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.