I just had to share this strawberries and cream cheesecake with you. Valentine's day is right around the corner and strawberries are always a big hit! This cheesecake has a cookie crumb crust, a layer of strawberry cheesecake, and a vanilla cheesecake layer on top. Did I mention, there's a sweet truffle surprise inside too! For the big finish, I added tall swirls of whipped cream and strawberry cream truffles! Check out the rest of my cheesecake recipes too.
Thank you Cost Plus World Market for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
Strawberries and Cream Cheesecake
Whether you celebrate Valentine's Day, Galentine's Day, or just want a tasty strawberry cheesecake recipe, this will rock your world. I'm a huge fan of the two different layers of flavor and color.
The bottom layer has the gorgeous pink color thanks to the Torani strawberry syrup that you can pick up at your local grocery store or online from Amazon. For an extra pop of flavor, I added strawberry extract too!
How to make Strawberries and Cream Cheesecake
The first step is to pop these digestive cookies into a food processor and pulse them until they're all crumbs. You can also use a large storage bag and a rolling pin if you don't have a food processor handy.
Add the melted butter and sugar and stir to coat all the crumbs!
Next step is the cheesecake batter. You can see that I have the strawberry syrup on hand for what happens next!
I divided the cheesecake batter into two bowls. One is going to stay vanilla and the other is going to get a dose of strawberry syrup and extract. Stir until syrup and extract are incorporated and you have a pretty pink batter.
Add the pink into the pan or you could add white on the bottom instead. It's whatever you prefer. Next, add your Lindt strawberry cream white chocolate truffles. Don't overdo it with the truffles.
I was going for one truffle per slice. You can leave them out of the center too if you don't want to bite into crunchy chocolate. Personally, I love the crunchy chocolate. I especially love refrigerated cake pops with a chocolate coating.
Lastly, add the white cheesecake batter on top of pink in a slow and steady stream. Be sure to cover all of the pink with the white batter.
A couple more things before we get to the recipe. If you cannot find the strawberry syrup, leave it out. Just add the strawberry extract and some red or pink food color to make the cheesecake pink.
If you can't find these truffles, substitute with white chocolate truffles. I'm not sure if they're seasonal, so I wanted to get that out just in case.
Strawberries and Cream Cheesecake
- 1 ¼ cups digestive cookie crumbs or graham cracker crumbs (13 cookies)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Torani strawberry syrup
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 7 - 9 Lindt strawberry cream white chocolate truffles
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 11 Lindt strawberry cream white chocolate truffles
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray the sides of the 9-inch springform pan with nonstick baking spray. Wrap the sides of the pan with a strip of parchment paper.
- Mix the cookie crumbs, melted butter, and sugar until it resembles wet sand and can be packed down.
- Press the crust evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool while you work on the cheesecake filling.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cream cheese. Beat with a hand mixer on medium until the cream cheese is smooth. Scrape down the bowl.
- Add the sugar and beat on medium until incorporated. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add in the eggs one at a time. Beat each egg in before adding the next. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add in the sour cream, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium until the mixture comes together.
- Pour half of the batter into a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Add the Torani strawberry syrup and strawberry extract into the remaining cheesecake batter. Stir until everything is combined and a light pink color.
- Pour the pink batter on top of the crust. The crust doesn't have to be cooled completely.
- Add a circle of truffles to the cheesecake. I would only add about 7 - 9 and leave plenty of room towards the outside of the pan.
- Pour the remaining cheesecake batter in a slow and steady stream, covering all of the pink batter and truffles.
- Wrap the outside of the springform pan with 2 layers of heavy-duty tin foil. Place the cheesecake into a slightly bigger pan and fill with 1 inch of water.
- Place in the oven. Let the cheesecake bake for 1 hour 16 minutes - 1 hour 25 minutes until done. To make sure the cheesecake is done, gently give it a wiggle. If it slightly jiggles in JUST the middle like jello, then it's done. If it jiggles all over, it needs to bake longer. Turn off the heat and crack the oven door slightly. Let it cool in the oven for 1 to 2 hours until it reaches room temperature and then place in the fridge to chill overnight.
- Just before serving, make and add the whipped cream to the cheesecake.
- Place the heavy cream and powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Add the whipped cream into a piping bag fitted with a 1M tip. Pipe swirls on top of the cooled cheesecake.
- Top each swirl with a truffle.
- Cut and serve. Store in the fridge.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)