White Chocolate Brownies. Yes, that’s correct. Moist, dense, gooey, white chocolate brownies. These puppies were inspired by the white chocolate Reese’s. Those are heaven and so are these white chocolate brownies with peanut butter frosting. It just hit me, I should have put some white chocolate Reese’s in the brownies. I’m putting that on my to do list.
I have many spontaneous thoughts like that. I put it on my notes app on my phone. I have a huge list. so long. What’s a creative mind to do.
So, I have to admit, I sometimes get too up close and personal with my pictures. I noticed that lately, but I plan on backing up away from the food. Maybe. Since I’ll be taking pictures with my new Canon Rebel. Ohhh, happy day! You can be jealous, I know I would be.
I love a really thick, fudgy peanut butter frosting. I almost love it as much as I love peanut butter fudge. My favorite is the kind that melts in your mouth. Well, this is the next best thing and I don’t feel like I’m sinning while I eat it. Wow, I have the urge to run out to the kitchen and make some peanut butter fudge.
My husband took some to work for the guys to eat. I think I’ve burnt myself out of sugar which is really good since my pants are hugging me pretty good. From what Wesley has said, we had excellent comments about them.
I’m still trying to get ahead on my posts. This last weekend while we were at my parents we had a very very small get together for Lucian’s 2nd birthday since we won’t be down on the 2nd of June. I should add some pictures of the mickey mouse cake I made. I went as simple as possible since I had to haul it three hours in the back of a truck. Stay tuned on facebook for that picture.
But hey, let’s get onto this recipe. 🙂
White Chocolate Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting
White Chocolate Brownies
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1/2 cup salted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 T. heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 pan then lay a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of the pan. Spray the parchment paper with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, add the butter and sugar. Over medium heat, melt the butter and sugar. Whisk occasionally.
- Once the butter/sugar mixture is melted, remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Pour the white chocolate chips and cream cheese into the saucepan and let them sit for a minute. After the minute, start whisking until combined. It will take a minute or two of whisking.
- Add the eggs into the mixture and continue whisking until they're incorporated.
- Add in the vanilla and flour and continue whisking.
- Pour the batter into the prepared 8x8 baking pan.
- Place into the oven for 30 minutes or until done. Place a toothpick in the center of the brownies and if it comes out clean, they're done.
- Let the brownies rest in the pan for 10 minutes and then turn them out onto a cooling rack.
- In a mixing bowl, add the butter and peanut butter. Beat with a hand mixer on medium until incorporated.
- Pour the vanilla and powdered sugar into the bowl. Mix on low until the powdered sugar is incorporated.
- Add 1 tablespoon of heavy cream at a time and mix until the frosting is the perfect consistency. You can add or subtract as much heavy cream as you would like.
- Slather the frosting on the cooled brownies. Cut and eat.
I hope you enjoy the white chocolate brownies with peanut butter frosting!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions and Conversions sheets! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.