This is one of the most tasty cakes ever. I love love love oreos that are soft. I've never been one to like to bite into hard cookies. I guess you can call me a dunker. If it's not soft, I dunk it. Well, with this oreo cookies and cream cake, the cookies are as soft as the cake they're in.
I think my mouth has already started to water just typing this post. Yes, yes it is, it's a definite. Luckily, it's far too early to eat a cupcake. Maybe.
So, I left huge chunks of cookies in my cake batter, as asked for by my hubby. So when I did that, I went the extra step to scrape the cream out of the middle for the frosting.
Yum, right. I used whipped cream on top of mine, but a Swiss buttercream would taste light and wonderful on top of these also. I would also like to suggest a big glass of chocolate milk even. Go ahead, try it.
Oreo Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
Whipped Cream Topping
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup powdered sugar , sifted
- cream from inside the cookies (optional)
- Caramel topping to drizzle (optional)
- Cookies for garnish (optional)
For the Cake
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with liners.
- In the stand mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium speed with the paddle attachment. Scrape down the sides.
- Add one egg at a time and mix until combined with butter mixture. Scrape down the sides and repeat with each egg.
- In a saucepan, heat milk on medium heat until small bubbles form on the edges of the pan.
- In a medium bowl, add the white chocolate chips.
- Pour the scalded milk into the bowl of white chocolate chips. Let it sit for a moment.
- Whisk the milk and chocolate chips until they are completely combined. No bits should be in the mixture.
- In a separate medium bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Alternately add the dry and wet mixture into the stand mixer bowl. Start with the dry. Beat until incorporated.
- Then add the wet mixture and beat until mixed thoroughly.
- Repeat adding the dry and wet mixtures. Be sure to end with the dry mixture.
- Add in the chopped Oreo cookies and fold carefully. Mix too much and the batter will be a brownish yuck color.
- Scoop batter into the cupcake liners. Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until they're done.
- Take out and cool on cooling rack.
Whipped Cream Topping
- In a small bowl, add the cream that was scraped from the inside of the Oreos. Whisk in 2-3 tablespoons of the heavy cream. (this is optional)
- In the stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk the heavy cream on high. It will take a couple of minutes for the heavy cream to stiffen up.
- After the heavy cream has become stiff, pour in the powdered sugar. Turn the mixer on low and let the sugar mix thoroughly.
- Put in a pastry bag and pipe on the cupcakes.
- Drizzle the caramel topping over the whipped cream. Place a half or quarter of Oreo on the top.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)
I hope you enjoy the Oreo Cookies and Cream Cupcakes!