This is one of the most tasty cakes ever. I love love love oreos that are soft. I’ve never been one to like to bite into hard cookies. I guess you can call me a dunker. If it’s not soft, I dunk it. Well, with this oreo cookies and cream cake, the cookies are as soft as the cake they’re in.
I think my mouth has already started to water just typing this post. Yes, yes it is, it’s a definite. Luckily, it’s far too early to eat a cupcake. Maybe.
So, I left huge chunks of cookies in my cake batter, as asked for by my hubby. So when I did that, I went the extra step to scrape the cream out of the middle for the frosting.
Yum, right. I used whipped cream on top of mine, but a Swiss buttercream would taste light and wonderful on top of these also. I would also like to suggest a big glass of chocolate milk even. Go ahead, try it.
Oreo Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
Whipped Cream Topping
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar , sifted
- cream from inside the cookies (optional)
- Caramel topping to drizzle (optional)
- Cookies for garnish (optional)
For the Cake
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with liners.
- In the stand mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium speed with the paddle attachment. Scrape down the sides.
- Add one egg at a time and mix until combined with butter mixture. Scrape down the sides and repeat with each egg.
- In a saucepan, heat milk on medium heat until small bubbles form on the edges of the pan.
- In a medium bowl, add the white chocolate chips.
- Pour the scalded milk into the bowl of white chocolate chips. Let it sit for a moment.
- Whisk the milk and chocolate chips until they are completely combined. No bits should be in the mixture.
- In a separate medium bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Alternately add the dry and wet mixture into the stand mixer bowl. Start with the dry. Beat until incorporated.
- Then add the wet mixture and beat until mixed thoroughly.
- Repeat adding the dry and wet mixtures. Be sure to end with the dry mixture.
- Add in the chopped Oreo cookies and fold carefully. Mix too much and the batter will be a brownish yuck color.
- Scoop batter into the cupcake liners. Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until they're done.
- Take out and cool on cooling rack.
Whipped Cream Topping
- In a small bowl, add the cream that was scraped from the inside of the Oreos. Whisk in 2-3 tablespoons of the heavy cream. (this is optional)
- In the stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk the heavy cream on high. It will take a couple of minutes for the heavy cream to stiffen up.
- After the heavy cream has become stiff, pour in the powdered sugar. Turn the mixer on low and let the sugar mix thoroughly.
- Put in a pastry bag and pipe on the cupcakes.
- Drizzle the caramel topping over the whipped cream. Place a half or quarter of Oreo on the top.
I hope you enjoy the Oreo Cookies and Cream Cupcakes!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions and Conversions sheets! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.