When the sweet tooth speaks, no-bakes are always quick to answer it. Especially when I'm settled in for the night and Wesley wants/needs something sweet. He always suggests no-bakes. I know it's because he knows that's all he'll get out of me when I'm on the couch, sprawled out, and watching television for the night.
Even this time the poor guy had to wait on most of them until the next day. It was a new recipe for the blog and so I wanted some pictures to share it. Of course, I needed day light for that, but he was a good husband and stayed out of the pretty ones for the night.
Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoon . cocoa powder
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 ¾ cups quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon . vanilla
- Measure out the quick cooking oats and peanut butter
- Lay down wax paper on the counter
- In a large saucepan, add granulated sugar, butter, milk, and cocoa powder.
- Turn on medium to high heat and let the butter melt. Stir often.
- Stir the ingredients until it comes to a boil. When it comes to a boil, time it for two minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in the vanilla, peanut butter, and quick cooking oats.
- Stir until everything is incorporated
- Spoon the mixture onto the wax paper and let cool.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)