Eggnog Cheesecake Bars are a must make this holiday season. A super easy eggnog bar that has an Oreo crust with a cheesecake filling that’s baked to perfection. If you are a fan of velvety eggnog, you will want to make this eggnog cheesecake bars recipe today. Check out more bar recipes.
Skip the classic desserts and try these Eggnog Bars. A great party dessert, weeknight dessert, and even gift to give loved ones for a homemade treat.
Eggnog Cheesecake Bars
Do you know what eggnog is? It’s made with milk, eggs, sugar, and cream. The eggs get whipped up so they offer a super frothy and thick texture. Then you add in warm spices and it becomes a must-have drink for the holiday season. A lot of people add some booze for an adult cocktail. If you don’t want to drink your eggnog, consider making it transform into eggnog dessert bars.
For this recipe, I opted to use store-bought eggnog, but you may use your favorite homemade eggnog recipe instead.
How To Make Eggnog Cheesecake Bars
You will start by working on your Oreo crust, and then get it pressed down into the pan. Now you will grab another bowl or stand mixer and begin working on your eggnog batter.
Get it whipped up and pour it into the pan on top of the crust. Sprinkle in some chocolate chips too! Place in oven and bake it up until the cheesecake is cooked through. Allow it to cool and then store in the fridge to set up as directed below.
Can I Make This Eggnog Dessert Bar Ahead of Time
Yes, it is best to make these a bit in advance because they take time to set up. You will need to chill these bars in the fridge for at least 6 hours. I recommend making these cheesecake eggnog bars at least a day in advance before you plan to serve them.
How Long Will Eggnog Bars Store For
You can store these bars in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. Use your best judgment in terms of quality. If you are in doubt throw them out, you don’t want to make yourself sick.
Can You Freeze Eggnog Bars
I have not tried freezing these bars, but I think they would freeze just fine. Just transfer into an airtight container for sealable freezer bag and store for up to three months. Thaw on the counter for 30 minutes or so before serving. Or place in the fridge overnight for a slow thawing of the cheesecake bars.
Check out my other Eggnog Inspired Recipes
- Eggnog Cookies | Here is an eggnog cookie, that is light, moist, and downright melt in your mouth delicious. It is topped with a creamy frosting that throws these cookies over the top.
- Eggnog Donut Bread Pudding | Call it what you will but this recipe is INCREDIBLE. Tender bits of bread smothered in a creamy and sweet sauce. Dive into this bread pudding and fall head over heels in love.
Eggnog Cheesecake Bars
- 12 Oreos
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line an 8x8 pan with foil and spray with a non-stick baking spray.
- Add the Oreos into the food processor. Pulse until finely crushed.
- Add in the melted butter and pulse again until the crumbs are all coated with butter.
- Spread the crumbs in the bottom of your prepared pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese and sugar. Beat with a hand mixer on medium until creamy.
- Add in the flour, nutmeg, and egg and beat until well combined.
- Add in the eggnog and beat until the eggnog blended into the batter.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture on top of the crust.
- Toss extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, just until edges are set. Remove from the oven and cool completely on the counter.
- Place in the fridge 6 hours to overnight until chilled.
- When ready to serve, remove the bars from the pan by lifting the foil. Slice the bars into 9 squares.
- Lightly dust nutmeg on top.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions and Conversions sheets! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.