So I worked on this recipe for what seemed to be a ridiculously long time. I had an idea in my head of what I wanted and after 6 or 7 tries I came out with the perfect strawberries & cream no bake cookies!
I'm going to let you know way ahead of time that these no bake cookies take about an hour and half to 2 hours to set up. So, be patient and it'll be worth it!
I know I've done quite a few strawberry recipes lately. This one is totally worth it though.
Strawberries & Cream No Bake Cookies
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter cubed
- ⅓ cup milk
- ⅓ cup strawberry powder roughly ¾ cup freeze dried strawberries
- 2 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 2 ¾ cups quick cooking oats
- ¼ tsp. strawberry oil
- 1 drop super red gel paste food color optional
- If you don't have strawberry powder on hand, get yourself a bag of freeze dried strawberries. Place about ¾ cup of freeze dried strawberries in a food processor, blender, or bullet and grind it to a powder. Sift the powder and measure out ⅓ of a cup.
- Measure out the quick cooking oats and cream cheese.
- Lay down wax paper on the counter
- In a large saucepan, add granulated sugar, butter, and milk.
- Turn on medium to high heat and let the butter melt. Stir often.
- Stir the ingredients until it comes to a boil. When it comes to a boil, time it for two minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in the strawberry oil, cream cheese, strawberry powder, gel food paste, and quick cooking oats. Stir until everything is incorporated
- Spoon the mixture onto the wax paper with two spoons and let cool completely. It will take an hour and half to two hours to set up.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)