So I worked on this recipe for what seemed to be a ridiculously long time. I had an idea in my head of what I wanted and after 6 or 7 tries I came out with the perfect strawberries & cream no bake cookies!
I’m going to let you know way ahead of time that these no bake cookies take about an hour and half to 2 hours to set up. So, be patient and it’ll be worth it!
This months creative cookie exchange theme was no bake cookies. I initially wanted to do a cookie butter no bake cookie and quickly realized another blogger had already called dibs on it. I had already purchased the cookie butter via e-bay, but that’s okay because I had been nagging on facebook about how bad I wanted it. Oh, by the way, the hype about Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter is true. All true. It tastes like heaven and crushed ginger snaps.
I know I’ve done quite a few strawberry recipes lately. This one is totally worth it though.
Strawberries & Cream No Bake Cookies
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter cubed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup strawberry powder roughly 3/4 cup freeze dried strawberries
- 2 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 2 3/4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/4 tsp. strawberry oil
- 1 drop super red gel paste food color optional
- If you don't have strawberry powder on hand, get yourself a bag of freeze dried strawberries. Place about 3/4 cup of freeze dried strawberries in a food processor, blender, or bullet and grind it to a powder. Sift the powder and measure out 1/3 of a cup.
- Measure out the quick cooking oats and cream cheese.
- Lay down wax paper on the counter
- In a large saucepan, add granulated sugar, butter, and milk.
- Turn on medium to high heat and let the butter melt. Stir often.
- Stir the ingredients until it comes to a boil. When it comes to a boil, time it for two minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in the strawberry oil, cream cheese, strawberry powder, gel food paste, and quick cooking oats. Stir until everything is incorporated
- Spoon the mixture onto the wax paper with two spoons and let cool completely. It will take an hour and half to two hours to set up.
Estimated Nutrition Facts
If you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
No Bake Cookie Butter Cookies from Heather at Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
No Bake Bourbon Pecan Cookies from Renee at Magnolia Days
Kashata Cookies from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Cookies from Becca at It’s Yummi!
No Bake Kit Kat Squares from Holly at A Baker’s House
Indoor S’mores Bars from Karen at Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Nutella Clusters from Tara at Noshing with the Nolands
Chunky Chocolate Fruit and Nut Cookie Slice from Jill of Made with Love
No Bake Coconut Cookies from Kathya at Basic N Delicious