So I worked on this recipe for what seemed to be a ridiculously long time. I had an idea in my head of what I wanted and after 6 or 7 tries I came out with the perfect strawberries & cream no bake cookies!
I'm going to let you know way ahead of time that these no bake cookies take about an hour and half to 2 hours to set up. So, be patient and it'll be worth it!
I know I've done quite a few strawberry recipes lately. This one is totally worth it though.
Strawberries & Cream No Bake Cookies
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter cubed
- ⅓ cup milk
- ⅓ cup strawberry powder roughly ¾ cup freeze dried strawberries
- 2 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 2 ¾ cups quick cooking oats
- ¼ tsp. strawberry oil
- 1 drop super red gel paste food color optional
- If you don't have strawberry powder on hand, get yourself a bag of freeze dried strawberries. Place about ¾ cup of freeze dried strawberries in a food processor, blender, or bullet and grind it to a powder. Sift the powder and measure out ⅓ of a cup.
- Measure out the quick cooking oats and cream cheese.
- Lay down wax paper on the counter
- In a large saucepan, add granulated sugar, butter, and milk.
- Turn on medium to high heat and let the butter melt. Stir often.
- Stir the ingredients until it comes to a boil. When it comes to a boil, time it for two minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in the strawberry oil, cream cheese, strawberry powder, gel food paste, and quick cooking oats. Stir until everything is incorporated
- Spoon the mixture onto the wax paper with two spoons and let cool completely. It will take an hour and half to two hours to set up.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)
Get Dessert Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox
AND A BONUS FREE Baking Substitutions too!
Strawberries + oats + cream cheese = awesome cookies. No-Bake is a bonus.
Becca from ItsYummi.com says
I love the pretty color of these cookies! Strawberries make everything prettier 🙂
I cannot agree more! 🙂
Well, I learn something new every day! I have never heard of strawberry powder. Your cookies turned out beautifully, Miranda. Also, for the record, I don't think a person can ever have too many strawberry recipes.
You can also use freeze dried strawberries and grind them up. The powder can be kind of expensive! I'm glad you support my large amount of strawberry recipes. lol 🙂
I have not baked with dried strawberries before or strawberry oil. Are those ingredients hard to find? I'll keep my eye out for them. What yummy looking cookies!
I found mine at Walmart. The dried strawberries were in with the applesauce and canned fruits and the strawberry oil is with the cake decorating and candy making aisle.
Yummy no bake cookie!! Perfect for summer too!!
Thank you 😀
Graham @ Glazed & Confused says
Whaaaat!?! No bake at all for such beautiful and delicious cookies.
Gotta try these soon
Yes, you do! They are so delicious!!
What great looking and sounding cookies.
Thank you! They are tasty little guys.
These have such a pretty color on them! They look great!
Thank you! I have to confess, I added a little food coloring to make them more pink.
Karen @ Karen's Kitchen Stories says
These are so pretty! I'm sure you'll find a good use for the cookie butter, right?
Thank you! Yeah, a great use! I use it just like peanut butter by putting it on a spoon and licking it clean. 😀
I'm allergic to peanut butter so I'm so glad there was none in these cookies. I HAVE to try this soon!
OH NO! allergic to peanut butter? That's just terrible. 🙁 Let me know how they turn out!
Are making these cookies on birthday good idea? (x I will try.. Everyone will be happy by seeing this.
Strawberries and cream is always a good idea. And these cookies have oats as well! I'm excited to try these out!
I wondered if using marshmellow cream instead of cream cheese would turn out yummy and set up properly? Of course that kind of made me think of a rice crispie treat, so then i wondered which would turn out best with that combination, quick oats or rice cereal?
I might have to play around with this idea.
Miranda C. says
Hi Kris- I think sticking to the cream cheese is the best option. Fluff is very different. Cream cheese is high in fat and has a thicker texture that holds the cookies together. It is more like butter than fluff! I like your thinking though- I bet you can come up with some great dessert ideas. Enjoy!
Is there a difference in Strawberry extract and strawberry oil in the no-bake strawberry and cream cookies
Strawberry oil is stronger and it won't evaporate. If you try these using strawberry extract, I would love to know how they turned out!
Holy moly! These are delicious!! Great job developing this recipe, they taste like strawberry donuts!
Loved no bakes since I was a kid so this was a New super fun one to try. I love the strawberry flavor it was very strawberry fruit forward tasting and so good. My son said it tasted just like a strawberry skittle which is his favorite lol. Great job with this recipe.