I go crazy for this stuff. I gave a jar to my friend and told her she has to try it on toast. I’m not sure if she was happy with me after trying it. I think it’s her new addiction, but I can’t blame her. It’s my old addiction and I’m happy to share it with my good friends.
We just went to our local Christmas tree lighting. We do it every year and peek in at Santa in his little house. The line is far too long to wait in on a school night to go see him though. Boooo! We’ll swing by Saturday so Lucian can pay him a visit and give him the long list of things he thinks he needs.
We did, however, walk down Main Street. I went into a little shop that is loaded with fun baking and cooking items, and every herbal tea there is. I like to always get a little something from there when I go in. This time it was cookie stamps and a bowl scraper. They’re sort of pricey, but I’m a sucker for cute older people like the one that owns the shop. She’s an absolute doll.
The best part is I’ve been in a cookie frenzie as of late. Hopefully I can dig out those adorable stamps and put them to good use.
I love to shop. This time of the year gives me the shopping fix that I need. I could walk around all day and browse in the stores. I might buy a few things, but I can spend hours just looking. My darling husband has even given me the nickname Miranda the meanderer because of it. He cannot stand shopping with me. He’s a man. He’s in and out in minutes.
Apple Butter Cheesecake Blondies
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp . vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 1/2 tsp . baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp . ground cinnamon
- 6 oz . cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup apple butter divided.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 11x7 pan with parchment paper. Leave an overhang of parchment paper on the ends of the pan to make it easier to pull the blondies out.
- Spray the parchment paper and sides of the exposed pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the cooled melted butter and light brown sugar. Stir to combine.
- Add in the egg, vanilla extract, and apple butter. Grab a whisk and whisk the mixture until ti's thoroughly incorporated.
- Add in the baking powder, flour, and ground cinnamon. Stir until everything is combined.
- Spread three-quarters of the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add in the cream cheese and sugar. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the one yolk and 1/4 cup of the apple butter. Mix until incorporated.
- Add dollops of the cheesecake mixture, blondie batter, and the remaining 1/4 cup of apple butter on top of the batter already in the pan.
- Using a skewer or butter knife, swirl the dollops all around.
- Give the blondies a few taps on the counter to smooth the dollops out.
- Place into the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until done.
- Let the blondies cool before slicing. Keep the bars in the fridge.
Have you ever had apple butter? It has a great, unique taste. It’s made by simmering the American-grown apples long and slow in kettles with sugar and spices.
This post contains affiliate links. Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.