Are you into thick, fudgy cookies? I've got you with these chocolate fudge cookies. I was thinking and really want to make an adapted recipe with these cookies stuffed. Pretty good idea, right? I love the shiny exterior. These were honestly supposed to be a crinkle cookie, but it didn't work out. Instead, I have a happy accident recipe which is always just as exciting as writing a recipe that works.
See what I'm talking about? So fudgy! I will be making a stuffed version really soon. I promise. Maybe with some peanut butter cups, because we all love peanut butter cups OR peppermint patties. I know a little boy that goes crazy for peppermint patties. We shall see what the future brings.
We're closing in on Christmas and I'm rushing to get my cookies all up. There's so much to still get done. We have zero presents wrapped, but they are all bought except for my dad's. I need to sit down and enjoy all of my favorite Christmas movies. That's a must otherwise I just don't know how I will cope with myself.
Chocolate Fudge Cookies
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate melted
- 1 tsp. instant coffee
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- In a mixing bowl, add in the vegetable oil and granulated sugar. Mix until combined.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, and cooled melted baking chocolate. Mix until incorporated. Scrape down the sides.
- Add in the instant coffee, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and flour. Mix until just combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop out medium sized dough balls with a cookie scoop.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12 - 14 minutes. Let sit on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to cooling rack.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)
Are you ready for Christmas?
Get Dessert Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox
AND A BONUS FREE Baking Substitutions too!
Adrianne Paulson says
Great recipe! I will definitely try that one. Seems easy, do you have any tips?