It’s that time of the year where we have to bring out the mugs of hot cocoa. It’s chilly out and there is nothing better than wrapping your hands around a warm mug. This is a special drink though and a perfect recipe for my peanut butter lovers out there.
That’s right. Hot fluffernutter cocoa. Chocolate + peanut butter + fluff = the creamiest and most magical cocoa in town. You’re welcome!
I seriously debated on whether my hot fluffernutter cocoa was too creamy. Yes. TOO creamy. Well, Wesley and Lucian have informed me that it’s perfect and also the best. They may be bias. I can’t say for certain.
In a panicked state, Wesely started asking me if I actually wrote down the recipe. I have a habit of not writing down my dinner recipes that I throw together. He will find something that he loves, most of the time it’s my soups and I’ll have no idea how much of anything I put in it.
In this case, it was a recipe for my blog. Of course I wrote this one down. A sigh of relief was sounded after I reassured him that it was indeed
wrote scribbled down in my notebook.
Back to this super duper, extra creamy, extremely decadent hot fluffernutter cocoa. It will knock your socks off and fill your tummy with a warm, heavenly feeling.
It kind of reminds me of The Santa Claus movie. Judy the elf has the perfect recipe for hot cocoa that took her 1200 years to get right. That’s me. I’m Judy. It took me a week to concoct the perfect hot cocoa.
Hot Fluffernutter Cocoa
- 3 T . Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk (any kind)
- 4 T . Fluff
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter to garnish (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, add in the cocoa powder and sugar. Whisk until all the lumps are out of the cocoa powder.
- Add in the white chocolate chips, peanut butter, heavy cream and milk. Turn the heat on to medium. Whisk to start to incorporate the ingredients. It will come together as the liquid begins to heat up.
- Let the hot cocoa heat until it's almost to a boil and small bubbles form around the edges of the saucepan. Whisk vigorously until the hot cocoa is smooth.
- Remove from the heat and pour into 2 large mugs.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of fluff on top of each mug.
- Place the 1/4 cup of peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Using a spoon, drizzle the peanut butter over the fluff. Grab a spoon and give it a swirl. Drink up!
If you feel that the recipe is too rich, feel free to add an additional cup of any kind of milk.
Do you want to join in on the peanut butter bash fun? If so, email me at [email protected] and request to join the Peanut Butter Bash facebook group! The first Thursday of each month we post a dessert with peanut butter and a mystery ingredient. This month’s ingredients were peanut butter and marshmallow.
Here are the other peanut butter and marshmallow creations!
[inlinkz_linkup id=472731 mode=1]