These Peanut Butter Zucchini Squares are moist peanut butter squares full of shredded zucchini and carrots and topped with a cream cheese frosting.
Peanut Butter Zucchini Squares
It's that time of the month again, we're having another peanut butter bash! I adopted a recipe for the best zucchini bars from my blog and made peanut butter zucchini squares.
Zucchini is the perfect ingredient to add to a recipe. It provides moisture to give you a perfectly moist cake or bar. I dig it!
I loaded the bars with peanut butter, because why not? To finish them off I thought a healthy layer of cream cheese frosting was in order.
Yeah, I did awesomely. You'll never have an over abundance of zucchini after you give this recipe a try! If I can feed something that has a touch of green in it to my husband and have him tell me they're good, I know I've hit it out of the park.
I didn't just add zucchini to these bars though, there are bits of carrots too. These bars are basically healthy! *wink wink*
I got the original recipe that I used from my Aunt Skip. I hit her up for recipes years ago, because the lady can cook. I haven't pulled out my family recipes in a while, but I should share a few more soon.
While I'm at it, I should reshoot the best zucchini bars recipe. Vertical pictures do so much better than horizontal. Man, things I wish I knew while starting out blogging.
How to make peanut butter zucchini squares:
Peanut Butter Zucchini Squares
- ½ cup salted butter room temperature
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Grease a 11x7 baking pan. I lined with parchment paper and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray as well. That makes it easier for me to pull the bars out to cut.
- In a large bowl, add oil, granulated and brown sugar, peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla. Mix with a hand mixer on medium until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, add in flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir together with a spatula.
- Combined the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Mix with a hand mixer on low until the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Add in the zucchini and carrots and stir until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour out onto a prepared pan. Spread out evenly with a spatula.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45 - 47 minutes or until done. Place a toothpick into the center of the squares, if it comes out with moist crumbs it's done. If batter comes out, let it bake longer.
- Let cool and frost.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and cream cheese. Beat with the hand mixer until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Add in vanilla and powdered sugar. Mix on low until the powdered sugar is well incorporated. Turn mixer on high and mix for an additional minute or two.
- Spread on cooled bars.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)
Join us in the peanut butter fun over at The Peanut Butter Recipe Box Facebook Group! We would love to see you there!