These Peanut Butter Zucchini Squares are moist peanut butter squares full of shredded zucchini and carrots and topped with a cream cheese frosting.
Peanut Butter Zucchini Squares
It’s that time of the month again, we’re having another peanut butter bash! I adopted a recipe for the best zucchini bars from my blog and made peanut butter zucchini squares.
Zucchini is the perfect ingredient to add to a recipe. It provides moisture to give you a perfectly moist cake or bar. I dig it!
I loaded the bars with peanut butter, because why not? To finish them off I thought a healthy layer of cream cheese frosting was in order.
Yeah, I did awesomely. You’ll never have an over abundance of zucchini after you give this recipe a try! If I can feed something that has a touch of green in it to my husband and have him tell me they’re good, I know I’ve hit it out of the park.
I didn’t just add zucchini to these bars though, there are bits of carrots too. These bars are basically healthy! *wink wink*
I got the original recipe that I used from my Aunt Skip. I hit her up for recipes years ago, because the lady can cook. I haven’t pulled out my family recipes in a while, but I should share a few more soon.
While I’m at it, I should reshoot the best zucchini bars recipe. Vertical pictures do so much better than horizontal. Man, things I wish I knew while starting out blogging.
How to make peanut butter zucchini squares:
Peanut Butter Zucchini Squares
- 1/2 cup salted butter room temperature
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Grease a 11x7 baking pan. I lined with parchment paper and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray as well. That makes it easier for me to pull the bars out to cut.
- In a large bowl, add oil, granulated and brown sugar, peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla. Mix with a hand mixer on medium until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, add in flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Stir together with a spatula.
- Combined the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Mix with a hand mixer on low until the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Add in the zucchini and carrots and stir until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour out onto a prepared pan. Spread out evenly with a spatula.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45 - 47 minutes or until done. Place a toothpick into the center of the squares, if it comes out with moist crumbs it's done. If batter comes out, let it bake longer.
- Let cool and frost.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and cream cheese. Beat with the hand mixer until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Add in vanilla and powdered sugar. Mix on low until the powdered sugar is well incorporated. Turn mixer on high and mix for an additional minute or two.
- Spread on cooled bars.
Join us in the peanut butter fun over at The Peanut Butter Recipe Box Facebook Group! We would love to see you there!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions and Conversions sheets! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.