This Raspberry Cream Pie recipe creates a smooth and creamy, delicious pie. Made with yogurt, this healthier raspberry pie is a lighter, easy dessert that still tastes decadent.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MullerMoment #CollectiveBias
Being a busy mama, sometimes the best recipes are the easy ones. After the holidays, the bonus is if the dessert is a little better for you. My jeans and waistline are thanking me for this raspberry cream pie recipe!
Healthier Raspberry Cream Pie
Being that I'm such a desserts girl, most of my "me moments" revolve around relaxing with a delicious sweet at the end of the night. All day I chase my three-year-old son and work on recipes so when my toddler's head hits the pillow, it officially becomes my "me moment". I'm all for a bowl of ice cream, but while at Walmart I laid eyes on some new Müller® ice cream inspired yogurts. Seriously! As I nestled into the couch with my blanket and caught up on some DVR'ed shows, this yogurt was the perfect indulgent.
Since I've hit it heavy sugar wise this last month, I knew this would be a great ice cream alternative. Perfect timing, Müller®. It doesn't hurt that the ice cream inspired flavors are some of my favorites. Raspberry chocolate chip, mint chocolate chip and vanilla bean are the three flavors that are available. I haven't tried the mint chocolate chip or vanilla bean, but that raspberry chocolate chip is heavenly. It has tons of tiny chocolate bits throughout it with a nice tart raspberry flavor.
I made a delicious raspberry cream pie with the yogurt, but these are also perfect to eat as on-the-go snacks or even a light breakfast option. Müller® ice cream inspired yogurt allows you to indulge a bit and gives just the right amount of wrong.
How to Make Raspberry Cream Pie
Let me show you how I put this raspberry cream pie together. This is an unnecessary step because sometimes you can't plan your "me moment". You can easily pick up a chocolate crust at the store and make this recipe even easier.
- First get some chocolate cookies or wafers and add them in your food processor.
- Process on high for about 1 minute until all that's left are crumbs. Place it in the bowl with your granulated sugar and melted butter. Give it a stir. It will look like sand.
- Press it into a 9 inch pie plate and bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
Next, add in a tub of light cool whip, 6 oz. container of raspberries that have been mashed up with 1 tablespoon of sugar, and 2 5.3 oz. containers of Müller® ice cream inspired raspberry chocolate chip yogurt. Give it a fold to combine everything.
Place in a completely cooled crust. Again, there is no waiting for the crust to cool with a store-bought graham cracker/cookie crust.
To go over my slices, I made a quick and fresh raspberry drizzle. I mashed some clean raspberries through a mesh strainer and discarded the seeds. I whisked in 1 tablespoon of sugar to take a little zing out of the berries. Because everyone will need exacts, here's the full raspberry cream pie recipe.
Healthier Raspberry Cream Pie Recipe
Easy Raspberry Cream Pie
- 9 oz chocolate wafer cookies ( 40 chocolate wafers)
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ tablespoon .granulated sugar
- 6 oz .fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon .granulated sugar
- 8 oz light cool whip
- 10.6 oz Müller® Raspberry Chocolate Chip Yogurt (2 8.4 oz containers)
- 4 oz fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Add the chocolate cookies or wafers in your food processor. Process on high for 1 minute until the wafers are completely crumbs. If you don't have a food processor, feel free to place them in a freezer bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Place crumbs in a medium bowl with the sugar and butter. Stir to combined. The crumbs will look like wet sand.
- Press the crumbs into a 9 inch pie plate. Place in a 350 degree oven and bake for 12 minutes. Set aside to cool completely. If it's the least bit warm, it will make your filling soupy.
- In a medium bowl, mash the raspberries and sugar. Leave some raspberries whole, but mash them enough to get the juices flowing.
- Add in the cool whip and yogurt. Fold in.
- Place in the cooled crust and spread out evenly.
- With a mesh strainer and a small bowl, mash the raspberries and discard the seeds.
- Add the granulated sugar and whisk until combined.
- Serve with a handful of raspberries and some chocolate shavings.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)
If you want to give this yogurt a try, you can get a coupon for $1 off in your January 4th Sunday paper. It's a great deal and is valid January 4 - February 15, 2015.
What's your favorite "me moment" indulgence?
Get Dessert Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox
AND A BONUS FREE Baking Substitutions too!
I love your recipe and photos! Really delicious dessert!
Thank you, Mary! 😀
Lisa Huff says
WOW! Looks like the perfect Valentine's Day dessert! Need to try!! Pinning now!
Dini @ Giramuk's Kitchen says
This looks DELICIOUS! I have too look out for this yoghurt! Chobani had a Raspberry choc chip snack yoghurts which I adore, so this would absolutely be perfect for me.
I'm a dessert girl too, so if I'm having me time - it HAS to be with something sweet too... I'm pinning this so I remember to give this a go! 😀
Thank you so much! Yes, sweet is a must!
Erin @ The Speckled Palate says
What a gorgeous pie AND a great way to lighten it up! Like you, I've been all about the sugar for the last month or so, and taking a step back from it would be a good idea. This is a great way to appease a sweet tooth without being too unhealthy!
Thank you so much. It's always good to take a step back after over-indulging in sweets. It makes you appreciate it all the more on the next binge. lol
Nicole @ Or Whatever You Do says
Oh wow! This pie looks so delicious. Love it!
Thank you so much! It was delicious!
I love a chocolate/raspberry combination. This looks soooooo good!
Thank you! It was so darn good!
mila furman says
This looks so good!!! Totally divine! Thanks so much for linking this up with us at #foodiefridays.
Thank you for having me! 😀