Crunchy chocolate chip cookies stuffed with a sweet cookie butter surprise! Insanely good slightly warm and dipped in a hot cup of coffee!
I am a cookie butter addict. These cookie butter stuffed chocolate chip cookies are mind blowing. They have a delicious thin layer of cookie butter stuffed inside them. It that thin layer adds an insanely delicious spiced flavor. I feel like chocolate chip cookies are pretty darn great, but then you put them over the tippy top with cookie butter stuffing. Yes?
It's about that time that we make our annual Trader Joe's run for more cookie butter. If I'm not mistaken, they just opened one an hour and a half away from us. That's so much closer than the trip last time. This is no joke. We were on vacation and I mapped out the closest Trader Joe's to stop at to get my years worth of cookie butter. This is what a true addict does. My husband tried to laugh it off a few times, but I made it happen.
I cannot stay out of the stuff. I could eat it by the spoon full and do often. These cookies keep it neatly packaged. I love soft cookies so either I warm them in the microwave or dunk them in the milk or hot coffee. My husband and son will not be slowed down dunking anything. They just chomp 'em down!
Cookie Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter, and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. It will take about 2 minutes. The batter will become a light color.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, sift in the corn starch, baking soda, baking powder, and flour.
- Add all of the flour mixture into the butter mixture and mix on low. When the flour is almost completely incorporated, move the speed to medium for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in milk chocolate chips and cranberries with a spatula.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop the cookies onto the cookie sheet. Press the cookie flat.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of cookie butter in the center of the cookie.
- Flatten another small scoop of cookie dough. Press the edges of the two cookies together and seal the cookie butter in the center. Repeat with all cookies.
- Place into the oven and bake for 14 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
How do you like your cookies? Soft or crispy?