These chocolate peanut butter cheesecake cookie bars are only 5 ingredients. There’s a peanut butter cookie base with a rich, chocolate cheesecake layer and topped with bits of peanut butter cookie. These bars are semi-homemade making them a quick dessert to whip up for any occasion.
You know I love a great chocolate peanut butter recipe. I can’t help but share them as often as I can come up them. So in this case, it’s a simple semi-homemade kind of recipe. I grabbed a pack of Immaculate Baking Co. gluten-free peanut butter cookie dough from my Wegman’s which is where the store-bought came in. Immaculate Baking Co. even has a coupon so I saved a little cash too!
What I love about these bars is that the cheesecake forms a shell on top. It looks like it could be a brownie or cookie. Surprise!! Bite into it and a creamy, rich chocolate cheesecake shows itself. I’ve got to tell you though, a brownie peanut butter cookie recipe sounds pretty delicious too. I’m so putting that on my long, long list of things to make.
I’m pleasantly surprised about the variety of cookie dough that Immaculate Baking Co. has out. There’s chocolate chunk cookie dough, double chocolate cookie dough, and peanut butter cookie dough that all gluten-free. I’m not gluten-free myself, but I do have readers ask about gluten-free desserts. I do make them from time to time.
Just a couple of weeks ago what my first book signing, I had someone ask if I ever make gluten-free desserts. I told the lady the same thing as I just told you and also recommended looking at the blog What The Fork Food Blog. She’s a gluten-free whiz!
Can this be made with regular store-bought peanut butter cookie dough? YES! Don’t like milk chocolate chips, use semi-sweet chips. You can even use butterscotch or peanut butter. Hello, double peanut butter cheesecake cookie bars! As with all of my recipes, make it yours. Well, unless it’s a cake or cupcake recipe. Those tend to be a little more finicky about changes. Other than that, go to town with minor adjustments. That’s the best part about my job. I love tweaking my own recipes, recipes that I sort of remember making with my grandma when I was young, so on.
Check out these other great chocolate peanut butter desserts!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Cookie Bars
- 14 oz. Immaculate Baking Co. Gluten-free peanut butter cookie dough
- 4 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 11.5 oz. bag milk chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Press 3/4 of the cookie dough (9 of the 12 cookie dough balls) evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat in the cream cheese until creamy.
- Add the milk chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat microwaving for 30 seconds and stirring until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the cream cheese. Beat on medium until incorporated.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the peanut butter cookie dough. Spread to the edges.
- Crumble the last 3 cookie dough balls on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes. The chocolate cheesecake will look shiny and have a brownie like top and the peanut butter cookies will be browned.
- Let cool to room temperature then place into the fridge until chilled.
- Cut and serve.