Chocolate chip banana bread. It’s simple to throw together, uses up brown bananas and makes a tasty treat. Sounds like a big, fat score to me. Do you know my favorite way to eat banana bread? Warmed up with some melted butter slathered on the top. What’s yours? Do tell me that’s your favorite way too!
I remember as a little girl my gram would let me burn the heck out of chocolate chips while microwaving them and trying to dip my bananas in them. She was such a good woman and always so supportive. Even if I had no idea what I was doing. I’m 99% sure that I get my desire to bake and cook from her. I wish the woman would have wrote down her recipes though. It makes it hard to replicate them if there’s no recipe to go by 🙁
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place a piece of parchment paper in the pan and let it hang over the two sides of the loaf pan. They will act as handles to pull the loaf out.
- In a large bowl, add in the ripe bananas and mash them with a fork.
- Add in the vegetable oil and sugar. Mix with a hand mixer until combined.
- Add in the eggs, and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Add in the sour cream and continue to mix. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add in the baking soda, baking powder and flour. Mix until incorporated.
- Stir in 1 cup of the milk chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Sprinkle the 1 tablespoon of milk chocolate chips on top of the batter.
- Place into the oven and bake for 1 hour 12 minutes or until done. Place a tooth pick into the center of the loaf and if it comes out clean or with moist crumbs, it is done. If it comes out with batter, give it an additional few minutes before testing again.
- Let the chocolate chip banana bread cool completely and then pull out of the loaf pan. Cut and serve. If you cut it while it's still hot, you won't get clean slices, but it will still taste delicious.