This twix trifle was first thought up as a quick Easter dessert. My family quickly fell in love with it and so, I decided I would share it. I decided I would just make two individual trifles and put the rest into cake balls. The recipe can easily go into a large trifle bowl. To do that, just double the recipe except for the cake mix. You will definitely want to try these mugs of chocolate caramel goodness. There’s a surprise crunch from chopped up twix candy bars in the layers.
I find that every time I make cake pops, I have a helping hand. It’s so cute to watch my son climb up on my stool and reach for a cake pop ball. Most of the time, he’ll take down two or three before I get them coated with chocolate or a stick pushed in them. Nothing is cuter than a baby Lucian sporting a cake goatee.
- 1 boxed cake mix , prepared
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
Caramel Whipped Cream
- 1 half pint heavy cream
- 1 cup caramel topping
- 1 box fudge chocolate pudding
- 2 cups milk , cold
- 1/2 cup hot fudge topping
- 1 king size Twix bar
- Prepare your boxed cake mix. My cake mix called for 3 eggs, 1 cup water, and 1/2 cup oil. Follow the directions on the back of the box.
- In a large bowl, beat heavy cream on high. I used a large bowl, so the cream wouldn't go all over the counter as I mixed it on high.
- Once it becomes stiff and fluffy, Make a hole in the middle for the caramel to sit. I do this so that the heaviness of the caramel doesn't deflate the whipped cream.
- Pour about 1 cup of caramel in the hole. Turn the mixer on high and whip until the caramel is incorporated.
- Place in the fridge until the cake and pudding are prepared.
- Once everything is prepared, place whipped cream in a piping bag.
- In a small bowl, pour the pudding and 2 cups of milk in. Whisk for two minutes. Let set for 5 minutes.
- Place in a piping bag or ziploc bag.
- In your mugs or trifle bowl, start out with pieces of the cake. I just ripped pieces off and stuffed them in the mug.
- Pipe a layer of whipped cream.
- Pipe a layer of pudding.
- Chop of a Twix bar and spread the pieces evenly on top of the pudding layer.
- Add another layer of cake, whipped cream, pudding, and Twix pieces.
- Repeat until you come to the top of the trifle.
- Top with piped whipped cream and shards of Twix.
- Heat the fudge topping for 30 seconds and drizzle on top.
- Cut Twix bar in half and add for the last garnish in your individual trifle mugs.
To never miss another post, follow me at bloglovin.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions and Conversions sheets! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.