This twix trifle was first thought up as a quick Easter dessert. My family quickly fell in love with it and so, I decided I would share it. I decided I would just make two individual trifles and put the rest into cake balls. The recipe can easily go into a large trifle bowl. To do that, just double the recipe except for the cake mix. You will definitely want to try these mugs of chocolate caramel goodness. There's a surprise crunch from chopped up twix candy bars in the layers.
I find that every time I make cake pops, I have a helping hand. It's so cute to watch my son climb up on my stool and reach for a cake pop ball. Most of the time, he'll take down two or three before I get them coated with chocolate or a stick pushed in them. Nothing is cuter than a baby Lucian sporting a cake goatee.
- 1 boxed cake mix , prepared
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup oil
Caramel Whipped Cream
- 1 half pint heavy cream
- 1 cup caramel topping
- 1 box fudge chocolate pudding
- 2 cups milk , cold
- ½ cup hot fudge topping
- 1 king size Twix bar
- Prepare your boxed cake mix. My cake mix called for 3 eggs, 1 cup water, and ½ cup oil. Follow the directions on the back of the box.
- In a large bowl, beat heavy cream on high. I used a large bowl, so the cream wouldn't go all over the counter as I mixed it on high.
- Once it becomes stiff and fluffy, Make a hole in the middle for the caramel to sit. I do this so that the heaviness of the caramel doesn't deflate the whipped cream.
- Pour about 1 cup of caramel in the hole. Turn the mixer on high and whip until the caramel is incorporated.
- Place in the fridge until the cake and pudding are prepared.
- Once everything is prepared, place whipped cream in a piping bag.
- In a small bowl, pour the pudding and 2 cups of milk in. Whisk for two minutes. Let set for 5 minutes.
- Place in a piping bag or ziploc bag.
- In your mugs or trifle bowl, start out with pieces of the cake. I just ripped pieces off and stuffed them in the mug.
- Pipe a layer of whipped cream.
- Pipe a layer of pudding.
- Chop of a Twix bar and spread the pieces evenly on top of the pudding layer.
- Add another layer of cake, whipped cream, pudding, and Twix pieces.
- Repeat until you come to the top of the trifle.
- Top with piped whipped cream and shards of Twix.
- Heat the fudge topping for 30 seconds and drizzle on top.
- Cut Twix bar in half and add for the last garnish in your individual trifle mugs.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)
To never miss another post, follow me at bloglovin.