Saturday is the big lovey dovey day. Whether you’re all about Valentine’s Day or highly against it, this red velvet puppy chow is still an awesome snack. If making this involves red velvet flavored candy melts, and red velvet cake mix, it has to be the bees knees.
This isn’t the normal puppy chow. Since I’m such a fiend for sweet and salty, I had to add some pretzels. They did the trick for me. I couldn’t decide whether I liked the pretzels or the corn cereal better. So, I ate them together.
I’m sad to say, this didn’t last long in our house. Sure it turned our tongues bright red, but it was so darn good. I had to include those adorable little heart sprinkles. It’s the only time of the year that I use them excessively, so that makes it okay. Right?
Red Velvet Puppy Chow
- 4 cups toasted corn cereal
- 2 cups Cheerios
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 + 1/4 cups red velvet candy melts
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup red velvet cake mix
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 T . heart shaped sprinkles
- 1 + 1/2 cups Red Velvet flavored M & M's
- In a large bowl, add in the corn cereal or rice cereal, cheerios, and pretzels. Stir to mix up the cereals and pretzels.
- In a separate microwave-safe bowl, add in the red velvet candy melts or white chocolate chips. Red candy melts will do, if you can't find red velvet flavored candy melts.
- Microwave for 30 seconds and then stir. Repeat the microwaving and stirring 4 more times until chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate over top of the cereal and pretzels. Stir to cover all of the cereal.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together the powdered sugar, cake mix and sprinkles.
- Add the powdered sugar and cake mix to the chocolate covered cereal and pretzels and stir until the all the cereal is covered.
- Add the M & M's to the mix and serve in a pretty dish.
What kind of puppy chow variation will you be making next?