This is a creamy and delicious Easy No Bake Cheesecake with a golden graham cracker crust and a cream cheese filling that is slightly tart and sweet in every bite. It's definitely a classic no bake cheesecake recipe you will want to make again and again.
This no bake cheesecake is easy to prep and great for a weeknight dessert, potluck recipe, or take to a loved one for a sweet treat.
How to Make No Bake Cheesecake
Step one: Make the graham cracker crust. Add the graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar together and stir until combined. Firmly press the crust into the bottom of the pan.
If you don't have parchment paper strips, check out my best tips below to increase the crust measurements and press it up the sides of the pan as well. Chill the crust in the fridge or freezer while working on the filling.
Step two: Make the no-bake cheesecake filling. In a large mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream to form peaks. Once it does so you can set it aside. In a separate bowl, cream the softened cream cheese with a hand mixer.
Next, beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract until combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the sour cream and the whipped cream you set aside. Beat until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
Pour the thick cheesecake batter into the prepared pan. Give it a few taps on the counter to remove any air bubbles and then place it in the fridge to set up.
Quick Tips for Best Results
Crust | If you don't have parchment strips on hand, I would recommend pressing the crust up the sides of the pan. This will prevent the cheesecake filling from sticking to the pan and allowing easy removal of the ring from the springform pan.
I would recommend adding another ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs, 1 ½ tablespoons of granulated sugar, and 4 tablespoons of melted butter to the crust recipe so there's plenty to go up the sides of the pan without making the crust too thin on the bottom of the pan.
Sift Powdered Sugar | It is a great idea to sift your powdered sugar. It will help to lighten up the filling and prevent any lumps of sugar.
Use Full Fat Ingredients | Use full fat ingredients for a rich and delicious filling. You will find it offers the best flavor and texture.
Air Bubbles | Once your no-bake cheesecake filling is in the pan, tap it gently on the table and it will help push out the air bubbles in the pan.
You use a fork or butter knife to make passes in the filling, while being careful not to touch the crust, to help remove any air bubbles.
What can top this No Bake Cheesecake with?
- fresh berries
- pie filling
- chocolate chips or chocolate ganache
- a drizzle of peanut butter or Nutella that's been slightly warmed in the microwave
- candies such as peanut butter cups, Rolos, M&M's, Junior mints, etc.
- crushed cookies such as Oreos, Nutter Butters, chopped up chewy chocolate chip cookies
This cheesecake needs to be stored in the refrigerator due to the ingredients. Just cover tightly with plastic wrap or use a pie container for storing. You don't want odors to seep into your cheesecake.
If you don't plan to eat your cheesecake right away, go right ahead and freeze. Just wrap tightly and then place in the freezer to freeze for up to three months.
Thaw in the fridge overnight or let it sit on the counter for a quicker thaw.
Your cheesecake will store for around a week in the fridge or up to three months in the freezer. It is of course best to eat within the first few days of making your cheesecake for optimal flavor.
One big factor is to ensure you whip your heavy cream until it forms thick peaks. This is going to act as whipped cream and will help to thicken your cheesecake.
Also, you might just need to allow your cheesecake to set up a bit more, so return to fridge again.
More No Bake Cheesecake Desserts:
Shop this Post:
- 9 inch springform pan
- 3 inch wide parchment paper strips
- vanilla extract
- hand mixer
- Wilton 1M tip for piping whipped cream
No Bake Cheesecake
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 24 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup full-fat sour cream
- Lightly spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick baking spray. Line the sides of the pan with a parchment paper strip. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add in the graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Pour in the melted butter and stir until all of the crumbs are coated with butter.
- Add the crust mixture to the prepared pan and firmly press into the bottom.
- Place in the fridge or freezer to chill while preparing the cheesecake filling.
- Add the heavy whipping cream in a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer on medium until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, add the cream cheese. Beat with a hand mixer on medium until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until incorporated.
- Add in the sour cream and whipped cream. Beat until combined.
- Pour the cheesecake batter on top of the crust and spread evenly with an offset spatula.
- Place in the fridge for 8 hours until it's set up.
- Remove the ring from the springform pan and carefully pull the parchment paper off the side of the cheesecake. You can smooth the sides out with an offset spatula.
- Slice and serve!
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)