I love lemon cookies. My mom and aunt had bought girl scout cookies from my cousin and then conveniently started dieting hardcore. Guess who ended up with them. Yep, we did. Of course, none of the boxes happened to be our very favorite kind of girl scout cookies. The lemonades. Just our luck!
I bet you’re thinking if you wanted them, why didn’t you order them. Well, we live a few hours away from my family and I guess we weren’t in town when the whole thing went down. It happens. I held back the tears.
This household loves a tender, undercooked cookie. We’re big fans. This cookie doesn’t let down either. It’s so soft.. so tart. I’m in love with it.
These really hit the spot tonight. I’m finishing up my post after a long day of doing some yard work and house work. I sit here gobbling down a plate of cookies instead of typing like a mad woman. Once again, it happens.
Today was the nicest springish day we’ve had yet. I knew we were supposed to get a snow storm tomorrow so I wanted to tend to the dog poo land mines and our sad looking Christmas lights. I’m proud to say, I have done both and we are now Christmas light free for another season. Lucian managed to get soaked from head to toe. I had rain boots on him, but I guess they don’t protect from basically rolling in the water. Toddlers are full of great ideas.
Let’s get to this glazed lemon cookies recipe!
- 1 cup salted butter , room temperature
- 1 + 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp . vanilla
- 1 T . lemon zest
- 1/2 cup lemon juice , divided (two lemons)
- 3 + 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 T . lemon zest
- 1 T . lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the butter and sugar. Mix on medium until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg, vanilla, lemon zest, and all but 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. This will be used in the glaze. Mix on medium until everything is combined.
- Add in all of the flour and mix on low until the flour is almost completely incorporated. Turn the mixer to medium and let it go for a minute or two.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out six cookies to a cookie sheet. Flatten out the cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling wrap for 15-20 minutes and them dip the tops in the prepared glaze. Place back on the cooling wrack to dry.
- In a small bowl, add in the powdered sugar, lemon zest, and the reserved tablespoon of lemon juice. Whisk until the powdered sugar is dissolved.
Hey! If you wanted to know how I got that adorable stamp in my cookie, let me introduce you to the cutest cookie stamp everrrr.
Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com