Coffee cookies are a delicious sweet treat to enjoy with a tall glass of milk, cup of tea or, well… coffee! If you love coffee, these coffee flavored cookies with a chocolate drizzle are perfect! They’re tender with a soft center and full of intense coffee flavor. This coffee cookie recipe is easy to make, too.
I participated in my very first Food Blogger Cookie Swap this year. It was crazy, but I managed to mail out some coffee cookies with a chocolate drizzle. I, however, forgot to send my little business cards to go with the boxes. Luckily, I was able to contact my people and let them know!
Not only did I send out cookies to three food bloggers that I didn’t know, but I also received three batches of cookies in return. They were amazing. I got some crispy oatmeal raisin cookies, coconut biscotti, and chocolate chip cookies. They were all tasty! I’m not a huge fan of coconut, but the base recipe was soooo good it inspired me to make my own.
The coffee cookies have a sweet, coffee flavor. They’re tender and the centers are soft. The tops have a ripple from the cookie scoop which I LOVE. I think it adds a nice textured look to the cookies.
Coffee Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp . shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the butter, shortening, granulated and brown sugar. Cream together on medium speed for two minutes.
- In a small dish, add in the instant coffee and water. Stir to form a liquid. If you would like more coffee flavor, add an addition one to two teaspoons more of instant coffee.
- Add in the coffee, eggs and vanilla. Mix until incorporated.
- Add in the baking powder, salt and flour. Mix until the flour is completely mixed into the cookie dough.
- Scoop out the cookies and place on the cookie sheet.
- Place into the oven and bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring over to the cooling rack.
- Once cooled, add the chocolate drizzle.
- In a glass bowl, add in the chips and shortening. Heat for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat heating for 30 seconds and stirring until the mixture is smooth. Use a spoon, and flick it back and forth over the cookies to add the drizzle. Let the chocolate set up and serve.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions and Conversions sheets! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.