GUYS AND GALS! Today is the first day of my 12 days of cookies and I'm sharing my drop chocolate sugar cookies. I may be taking a break here and there for other posts, but I promise I won't be stopping until all 12 days are completely. These cookies are the perfect sugar cookies. Do you know why? They don't need frosting, you can just spoon the cookie dough out, and they have chocolate in them. Those are all wins in my book!
The festive sprinkles put the finishing touches on the cookies. I'm kind of a huge fan of sprinkles. It's super ridiculous on fluffy sugar cookies. I'll load those cookies with a ton of frosting and even more sprinkles. Not the nonpareil sprinkles, because I have too many things that want to go wrong with my teeth, but the soft sprinkles and sugars. Yep, I'm a sugar fiend with bad teeth. Who would have thought? The kicker is I have no dental insurance. Mehhhh. That's life, I suppose.
Chocolate Drop Sugar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the butter, shortening and granulated sugar. Mix on medium until light and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla and egg and mix until incorporated. Scrape down the sides.
- Add in the melted baking chocolate and mix until combined.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Mix on low until just combine.
- Scoop out a cookies using a cookie scoop.
- Dip the tops of the cookies in the sprinkles.
- Place on the prepared baking tray. Place in the oven and let bake for 11 minutes or until done. Let sit for five minutes and then move to a cooling rack.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)