Do you ever see something and know you have to make a recipe with it? I do too! I made these cute little candy thumbprint cookies because of those Christmas nonpareil candies. I love going to the bulk bins full of candy at Wegmans. I also come out with too many bags of candy and a lot less money. I always seem to forget portion control while I'm there.
If you missed out on my peanut butter & jelly thumbprint cookies, they are equally as amazing! Theses ones are just a hair more festive, which I'm digging. It seems like I was struggling to get into the spirit this year, but these little candies were a nice starter. We're still doing some last minute Christmas shopping, absolutely nothing has been wrapped and it's been rainy and mid 50's. I feel like I should be singing that song Cindy Lou Who sings. Where are you, Christmasssss? Anyone else here a die hard How the Grinch Stole Christmas movie fan? I burnt my hubby out on it years and years ago, but still pretty awesome.
Candy Thumbprint Cookies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the butter, granulated and brown sugar Mix until light and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs one at a time. Mix until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add in the flour and mix until a cookie dough forms.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out cookie dough. Roll the cookie dough between your hands to form a ball.
- Add 1 - 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar into a small dish. Roll in the balls of cookie dough into the sugar and place on the prepared parchment paper.
- Press the chocolate candies into the dough until they form an indentation. They won't move much after placing them, so make sure you like the position of them after pressing them in.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 9-11 minutes until done. Mine were pretty small, they may take longer if you make larger thumbprint cookies.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)