Easter is this weekend and I'm going to be serving up these cute little Easter Cookie Bars. They're so simple to make, chewy, and loaded with pastel M&M candies.
Cookie bars are an fun way to be able to bake with your kids. They are so simple to make, easy to spread out, and kids love to press the remaining candies into the top of the baked bars.
Just a warning, you'll likely need more candies than the recipe calls for because kids can't resist M&M's.
How to make Easter Cookie Bars
To make these Easter M&M Cookie Bars first start by preheating the oven and preparing a 9x13 baking pan.
Add in the flour, salt, and baking powder. If you're using a fork, gradually add in the flour. If you're using a hand mixer, you can add all of the flour at once.
Lastly, fold in 1 cup of the M&M's using a spatula. Bake until the center of the cookie bar is set.
Can I substitute the Easter M&M's for chocolate chips?
Yes! You can substitute the M&M's for mini or regular chocolate chips, or divide the 1 cup into a ½ cup of M&M's and ½ cup of chocolate chips.
You can also use any flavor chocolate chip including semi-sweet, dark chocolate, white chocolate, milk chocolate, butterscotch, or peanut butter.
Other things you can use for these Easter Bars
Easter Easter Desserts
- Peeps Marshmallow Cheesecake
- Carrot Cake Bars
- Easter Cake Mix Bars
- Mini Malted Milk Cheesecakes
- Easter Egg Cheesecake
Easter Cookie Bars
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9x13 baking pan foil or parchment paper. Spray with nonstick baking spray.
- Add the butter and brown sugar to a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer on medium until combined.
- Add egg and vanilla. Continue to beat on medium until the egg is combined.
- Add in the flour, salt, and baking powder. Beat until the flour is incorporated.
- Stir in 1 Cup of M&M's.
- Add and batter to the prepared pan and spread the batter evenly and to the edges.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes until the center of the dough is done.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining M&M's. Using a finger, gently press the candies into the cookie.
- Let cookie bars cool completely before cutting.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)