Coffee cookies are a delicious sweet treat to enjoy with a tall glass of milk, cup of tea or, well… coffee! If you love coffee, these coffee flavored cookies with a chocolate drizzle are perfect! They’re tender with a soft center and full of intense coffee flavor. This coffee cookie recipe is easy to make, too.
I participated in my very first Food Blogger Cookie Swap this year. It was crazy, but I managed to mail out some coffee cookies with a chocolate drizzle. I, however, forgot to send my little business cards to go with the boxes. Luckily, I was able to contact my people and let them know!
Not only did I send out cookies to three food bloggers that I didn’t know, but I also received three batches of cookies in return. They were amazing. I got some crispy oatmeal raisin cookies, coconut biscotti, and chocolate chip cookies. They were all tasty! I’m not a huge fan of coconut, but the base recipe was soooo good it inspired me to make my own.
The coffee cookies have a sweet, coffee flavor. They’re tender and the centers are soft. The tops have a ripple from the cookie scoop which I LOVE. I think it adds a nice textured look to the cookies.
Coffee Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp . vanilla extract
- 1 T . instant coffee
- 1 tsp . water
- 1 + 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp . salt
- 2 + 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp . shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the butter, shortening, granulated and brown sugar. Cream together on medium speed for two minutes.
- In a small dish, add in the instant coffee and water. Stir to form a liquid. If you would like more coffee flavor, add an addition one to two teaspoons more of instant coffee.
- Add in the coffee, eggs and vanilla. Mix until incorporated.
- Add in the baking powder, salt and flour. Mix until the flour is completely mixed into the cookie dough.
- Scoop out the cookies and place on the cookie sheet.
- Place into the oven and bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring over to the cooling rack.
- Once cooled, add the chocolate drizzle.
- In a glass bowl, add in the chips and shortening. Heat for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat heating for 30 seconds and stirring until the mixture is smooth. Use a spoon, and flick it back and forth over the cookies to add the drizzle. Let the chocolate set up and serve.