This chocolate lasagna is the perfect no-bake summer dessert. It has a chocolate cookie crust, cream cheese, chocolate ganache, pudding, and whipped cream. It’s so easy to make and people will go crazy for it every single time. It’s like biting into a soft, fluffy chocolate cloud on top of a cookie crust.
Whoop whoop! It’s August and I’m sharing a no-bake dessert on the blog! I don’t know about you, but my kitchen gets HOT while things are baking in the oven. I find myself excessively applying deodorant and wishing I had longer hair to throw in a ponytail while baking in July and August. I still do it.. a lot, but I welcome no-bake dessert recipes as much as possible.
This chocolate lasagna dessert has just a little extra chocolate added to it. I really wanted to go overboard with making every layer chocolate, but quickly realized that the layers probably wouldn’t be noticeable which sort of makes the “lasagna” part void.
I’m the kind of lady that likes to add a little extra cheese to an already cheesy dish, a little extra sugar to a sweetened iced tea, and chocolate to a chocolaty dessert. I can’t help myself. I’m a little extra.
How to make chocolate lasagna
- Begin by grabbing a 9-inch x 13-inch pan.
- Crush cookies and add melted butter and sugar. Mix and then press firmly into the pan.
- Mix cream cheese layer. Spread over cookie crust and will in chocolate sauce. Top with chilled ganache and then pudding.
- Finish with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and chocolate curls.
If you love this chocolate lasagna recipe, here are some layered desserts to try:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Layer Dessert
- Cookie Butter Layer Dessert
- Pumpkin Butterscotch Layer Dessert
Questions about chocolate lasagna dessert
How long does chocolate lasagna last? I would recommend eating it within 3 days. It tends to break down pretty quickly.
Can you freeze chocolate lasagna? Yes! It will be sort of like an ice cream cake. You can let the lasagna thaw a few minutes before eating it too.
Can I make chocolate lasagna the night before? Yes! I would recommend waiting to drizzle the top with chocolate until it’s ready to be served.
Chocolate LasagnaPrint Pin It Rate
- 3 cups about 32 cookies chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- 1 cup heavy cream whipped to stiff peaks
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 - 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 3.56 ounce boxes chocolate pudding
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- chocolate curls
- chocolate sauce
- Add the cookies into the food processor. Pulse until the cookies are all a fine crumb. If you don't have a food processor, add them into a storage bag and crush them with a rolling pin into a fine crumb.
- Add in the sugar and melted butter and stir until the crumbs are coated with butter.
- Press the crumbs firmly into a 9x13 glass pan. Place in the fridge to chill while working on the next layers.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add in the milk chocolate chips and heavy cream. Microwave in 30-second intervals and stirring after each interval until the ganache is smooth. Place into the freezer for 10 - 15 minutes while making the cream cheese layer.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the cream cheese. Using a hand mixer, beat until creamy.
- Add the sugar, vanilla, and butter. Beat on medium until incorporated. Scrape down the sides and beat in any remaining bits. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add in the heavy cream. Beat on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Add in the powdered sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until combined.
- Add dollops of the cream cheese all over the crust. Using an off-set spatula, spread the cream cheese out evenly and to the edges.
- Drizzle the chocolate syrup on top of the cream cheese. Using a toothpick, make swirls into the cream cheese being careful not to disturb the crust. I didn't mix all of the chocolate syrup in, a lot of it sat on top.
- Pour the chilled ganache on top of the cream cheese and spread it to the edges.
- In the bowl you used for the cream cheese mixture, add in the pudding mix and milk, Whisk until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the pudding on top of the ganache. Try to pour close to the sides of the pan to help prevent the ganache from being pushed to the side. Spread the pudding out evenly and to the edges.
- In the bowl you used previously for heavy cream, add in the 2 cups of heavy cream. Beat until soft peaks form.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add dollops of whipped cream on top of the pudding. Spread it out evenly.
- Add the chocolate syrup in a sandwich bag. Cut out a very small hole in one of the corners. Draw a criss-cross pattern on the top of the whipped cream. Sprinkle chocolate curls on top.
- Place in the fridge and chill until the pudding has time to firm up. (I let mine chill overnight.) Cut into 15 pieces and serve.
I posted this recipe for Chocolate Lasagna first on Yellow Bliss Road as a contributor.