I’ve always been a peanut butter and chocolate lover, so I couldn’t help but do a spin on my mom’s peanut butter pie. This dark chocolate peanut butter pie has the perfect mousse filling. If you’re looking to impress someone with a dessert, this is the dessert. It’s not extremely difficult, but can make someone weak at the knees.
That’s how I got my hubby.
Kidding. It was my good looks that got him.
I remember one year while I was on family vacation, my mom and aunt had a peanut butter pie showdown. Yes, several of my aunts and uncles were on vacation with us. It was too funny to see my mom garnishing this already perfect pie that I loved so much. She’s the type that keeps things very simple. Honestly, I can’t remember who supposedly won, but I bet I was anxious to be a judge of the two.
Sometimes, a pie that tastes so amazing can look pretty plain Jane. You can always doll it up with some drizzles and whipped cream like moi.
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 + 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 T . butter melted
- 1 pkg. 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter
- 1 T . butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp . vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream whipped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream whipped
- 1 + 1/2 T. powdered sugar
- 1 T . Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter
- 1 T . The Bees Knees Peanut Butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, add in the graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar. Stir to combine.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, add in the butter and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Pour the butter into the crumb mixture and stir until the crumbs turn to a wet sand consistency. It should hold its shape.
- Press the crumbs into a 9 inch pie plate. Place the crust in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. The edges of the crust should be slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- In a bowl, beat the heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks. You will know it's ready because the consistency of the heavy cream will become thick and hold its shape while you're beating it with a hand mixer. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add in the cream cheese, dark chocolate dreams peanut butter and butter. Beat on medium/high until light and fluffy.
- Add in the sugar and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- Add in a quarter of the whipped cream and fold it into the cream cheese mixture. This will lighten up the mixture before adding the remaining whipped cream and deflating it all.
- Add in the remaining whipped cream and carefully fold it in.
- Spread the filling into the cooled crust.
- Add the heavy cream into a bowl. Whip on medium speed until it forms stiff peaks.
- Add in the powdered sugar and mix for another 30 seconds.
- Place in a piping bag with a 1M tip. Set aside.
- Add the two different peanut butters to to separate bowls. Microwave for 30 seconds until the peanut butter is at drizzle consistency.
- Drizzle the peanut butters on the pie with a spoon. Dip the spoon into the peanut butter and turn it point down into the peanut butter bowl. As soon as the big dollop falls, move the spoon over to the pie and swirl the spoon around.
- Once the peanut butter drizzle is to your liking, start piping small circles on the outside of the pie with your whipped cream.
- Cut and serve. If there are leftovers, place 4 to 5 toothpicks towards the outside of the pie and one in the center. Cover with plastic wrap. The toothpicks will help keep the plastic wrap from destroying your design. You must refrigerate this pie.
How do you like to spruce up your pies? I’m always up for new ideas!
I was sent peanut butter from Peanut Butter & Co to try out. I was not compensated in any way. All opinions are mine alone.