Triple Chocolate Pudding Bars are the ultimate chocolate lovers dessert. A layered dessert with a rich chocolate cake mix crust, creamy chocolate pudding center, and topped with a homemade chocolate ganache. If you're searching for an over-the-top decadent chocolate dessert, you're in the right place. Get more bar recipes to check out.
Triple Chocolate Pudding Bars
Dive into an easy and satisfying dessert that is great for summer, potluck dessert, and even a weeknight dessert recipe. They're irresistible and perfect for any occasion.
I used a chocolate cake mix as the crust for these pudding bars. A twist on a retro dessert that will win over you love.
How To Make Ganache
Chocolate Ganache only requires two ingredients to whip up. Can you guess what they are? If you've been hanging around Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt for some time, I bet you know. Semi-sweet chocolate chips and heavy cream is all it takes.
You can make your homemade ganache in the microwave for a quick and easy topping or in a double boiler.
Microwaving the chocolate chips and heavy cream together in a heat-proof bowl in 30-second intervals until the chocolate chips are melted and when stirring the mixture a thick, smooth ganache forms. It's important to remember to stir a bit after each interval in the microwave.
If you're making the ganache in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl that's sitting on the top of a saucepan with an inch of simmering water in the saucepan, start by adding the chocolate chips and heavy cream in the bowl. Don't let the simmering water touch the bottom of the heat-proof bowl otherwise you can scorch the chocolate. Stir the chocolate chips and heavy cream until they come together into a smooth, creamy chocolate ganache. Remove from the heat to cool and thicken.
How To Make Triple Chocolate Pudding Bars
These chocolate pudding bars are so simple to make. All you have to do is prep and bake your chocolate cake crust.
To do that, add the cake mix, butter, and eggs together and stir until a thick batter forms. Press that into a greased pan and place in the oven to bake.
Once it has cooled you will then work on your Instant Pudding mix, and then pour into your pan with crust.
Making the chocolate pudding is pretty simple. Add the instant pudding mix and chocolate milk into a bowl and whisk until it has thickened. You can use regular milk if you don't have chocolate on hand.
Drizzle over the ganache, and then store in the fridge and allow it to thicken up.
Can I Make These Bars Ahead Of Time
Yes, you sure can. These bars take awhile to set up so you are more than welcome to make them a day in advance if you would like. Just cover well and store in the fridge until you are ready to slice and serve up these rich chocolate pudding bars.
Looking For More Easy Dessert Recipes
- Vanilla Wacky Cake | Here is a cake that has been around for so many years. No dairy or eggs are used in this moist and delicious wacky cake.
- Sugar Cream Pie | A super easy cream pie that has a nice rich and custard-like filling. Whip these up for all your pie desires.
- Monster Cookies | This classic cookie is fully loaded with oats, peanut butter, M&M's, chocolate chips, and more.
- Buckeye Brownie Bites | A bite-size brownie that has a rich and creamy peanut butter center. Dive in for the ultimate brownie recipe.
- Chocolate Panna Cotta | Surprisingly easy to make, decadent, and oh so creamy.
Can I Double This Recipe
Of course! If you are needing to feed more people go ahead and double up on the recipe. You just will need to use two pans as it won't all fit in one pan.
But otherwise you will have no issue doubling the recipe. It is so simple to make and great for all occasions.
Chocolate pudding bars will be a dessert you will want to make over and over again. Feel free to swap out the flavor of pudding if you would prefer. Vanilla would be great as well if you don't want it to be chocolate overload.
Chocolate Pudding Bars
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 15.25 ounce box chocolate cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 cups chocolate milk
- 3.4 ounce package chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add in the chocolate chips and heavy cream. Microwave for 45 seconds and stir.
- Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until the mixture resembles a smooth but thick chocolate syrup. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9x13-baking pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Add the cake mix, eggs, and melted butter in a large bowl. Using a spatula, stir until well combined.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking pan. It will be thick.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Let the cake crust cool for 1 hour before adding the pudding.
- Once cooled, add the chocolate milk and pudding mix into a large bowl. Whisk until combined. Set aside for a few minutes to thicken.
- Once the pudding is thickened, spread it evenly over the cooled cake crust.
- Drizzle the chocolate ganache on top of the pudding layer until the pudding is completely covered with the ganache.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into bars and serve.