This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #HomegateHacks #TeamMary #CollectiveBias
I love a good drink every now and again and I feel like this garlic bacon grilled cheese garnished bloody mary is a very good drink. It's perfect for game day or tailgating. You have a little appetizer at the top of your drink and it pairs ridiculously well with the bloody mary.
The only issue with this cute and tasty garnish on top of your drink is that your drink goes fast due to needing another garnish snack. Some people wouldn't even call that an issue! I actually got my bloody mary out of a container with a spout. Jealous? You can get it too!
I found the LiDestri bloody mary pouch at Walmart the last time I went to stock up on baking ingredients. It can be found in the same aisle as the soda. Here, let me just show you! You can also find it at your Wegmans.
The alcohol is already mixed in which I LOVE. For an extra kick, throw in a shot of vodka. I honestly think it tastes delicious straight out of the container. I am celery crazy though, so I rimmed my glass with celery seeds. You can also use celery salt if you would like a salty addition. I think they add a bite to each drink.
The next thought is, what else can I garnish my bloody mary with? It seems like there are some insane ways to garnish them. If you're looking to do a bloody mary bar, here are a few simple garnishes that can be paired with the roasted garlic bacon grilled cheese croutons.
- sweet or dill midgets (pickles)
- lemon slices
- Hungarian peppers
- cheese cubes
Garlic Bacon Grilled Cheese Garnished Bloody Mary
- 8 pieces of bacon
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 - 2 T. margarine
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of cheese
- 1 slice of lemon
- Traditional or Spicy LiDestri Bloody Mary
- 3 oz vodka (2 shots) optional
- celery seed for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place a cooling rack inside a jelly roll pan. Place your 8 slices of bacon on it
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and flip the bacon.
- Place back in the oven and bake for another 20 minutes. If you make bacon differently, feel free to make it how you prefer. I like how this keeps the bacon straight and lets the bacon grease drip beneath it instead of cooking the bacon in it.
- Move the bacon over to a paper towel lined plate.
- Just after places the bacon into the oven, place a garlic clove in heavy duty tin foil and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Wrap it so there are no leaks and place in the oven for 30 minutes until it's soft.
- Remove the clove of garlic from the tin foil and into a small bowl. Mash it.
- Place a large fry pan over medium heat and let warm up while buttering your bread.
- Spread the margarine on one side of each of the 4 slices of bread.
- Lay a slice of cheese down on the side of the bread without butter and spread a very thin layer of garlic on top.
- Break the bacon in half and place the 8 half pieces on top of the cheese.
- Add another layer of cheese. Top with a slice of bread with the butter side up.
- Repeat with the next sandwich.
- Place in the fry pan. Fry on either side until golden brown.
- Let cool slighty.
- Cut the sandwiches into 4 strips. Cut the 4 strips into thirds.
- Place 3 croutons onto each skewer.
- Rim two glasses with a slice of lemon.
- Dip the top of the glass in celery seeds.
- Fill each glass with ice.
- Add 1.5 oz shots of vodka to each glass.
- Pour the LiDestri Bloody Mary over top of the ice.
- Add the grilled cheese crouton sticks into the drink.
Be sure to check out more delicious Bloody Mary recipes at https://cbi.as/tusn I'd love to hear about your favorite Bloody Mary mix-ins!