I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. On to the New Year celebrations! Judging by my Facebook feed on the day after Christmas, there will be many of girls sitting this celebration out. Seriously. There were so many pregnancy announcements on my Facebook.
That’s right. The drunken monkey brownies. I’ve always been a fan of chocolate and banana together. I think it’s 132435 times better than peanut butter and banana. You read that right. One thing that I don’t prefer with peanut butter is bananas. Elvis can keep it.
What makes these drunken monkey brownies? Nothing, I just named them that. KIDDING! There are ripened bananas, a little banana extract, andddd banana liqueur. That’s why they’re drunken and I adore the name.
Drunken Monkey Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray non-stick cooking spray on an 8x8 square pan. Place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the melted butter, granulated and brown sugar, and mashed banana. Mix until incorporated.
- Add in eggs, vanilla extract, banana, extract, and liqueur and mix for 2 minutes until thick and fluffy.
- Add in the cocoa powder and flour and stir until combined.
- Spread into the prepared 8x8 inch square pan. Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until done. Place a toothpick in the center of the brownies and if it comes out clean or with moist crumbs, it's done. If it still have batter on it, let it go a few more minutes before testing it again.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Cut and serve.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Sign up to get my FREE Baking Substitutions and Conversions sheets! Join the 5000 others who are receiving our dessert newsletters and baking challenges.