Coffee. I love coffee so much, that in the next few weeks I’ll be sharing a few recipes with you using coffee. To kick it off, I’m starting with my coffee syrup. It’s inspired by the coffee syrup that is almost impossible to find in the stores around here (Upstate NY). I had to solve the problem by making my own. Good bye store bought syrup. It was really nice getting to know you. 🙂
I love my coffee sweet which makes it even easier to over indulge in all these tasty treats I’m making. But even people that drink their coffee black, can’t get enough of coffee desserts. Sweet or not, there’s something about it that is irresistible. My father who does not have a sweet tooth in his body goes crazy for the stuff.
Now I’ve done a little teasing, let me spill the beans on what I’ve got in store for you other than this amazing coffee syrup. I’ll be sharing some coffee cheesecake, coffee cookies and hopefully some coffee cupcakes. The cupcakes are still a work in progress. Cakes can be touchy, so I’m still testing that recipe. Fingers crossed I get it straightened out. Meanwhile, I have 12ish days of Christmas cookies coming at you.
I have so many ideas that I want to get out there for Christmas. I hope I can get them all in. That’s why I say 12ish days of Christmas cookies.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 + 1/2 T. instant coffee
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add in the sugar, water and instant coffee. Stir to combine.
- Let the coffee syrup come up to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Let simmer until thickened.
- Mine simmered for about 15 minutes.
- Pour into a cup and let cool. Cooling the syrup will let it thicken more. Use the syrup in recipes and a cup of milk.