This easy Christmas Sugar Cookie Cake is just so festive and fun! It’s a Christmas dessert that will surely spread some cheer this holiday season. It’s made with a sugar cookie mix, homemade vanilla frosting, candies, and loads of Christmas sprinkles.
Christmas Sugar Cookie Cake
I can’t believe that Christmas is a week away! Thank goodness I have all of my shopping done. I’m just waiting for the rest of the presents to come in the mail. My husband and I love to go out and do some shopping, but it can be so overwhelming with the crowds. We went out shopping this last weekend and the traffic was horrendous and people were rather cranky.
Cranky people and sitting in traffic are both perfect reasons to stay home and enjoy a slice of this Christmas sugar cookie cake instead. Grab a cup of hot coffee or fluffernutter hot cocoa to wash the cookie cake down with too.
How to Make a Sugar Cookie Cake
To get this party started, you’ll need a springform pan. I prefer the springform pan so I don’t have to worry about the sugar cookie cake sticking in the pan and having to try to pry it out. With a springform pan, just pop the bottom out and you’re all set. If you need to use a regular pan, I recommend cutting a parchment paper round for the bottom of the pan and a parchment paper strip to wrap around the inside of the pan.
Grab your bag of sugar cookie mix, butter, and eggs. Mix until a cookie dough forms. Add some Christmas sprinkles and work them in until they’re evenly distributed.
Press the dough into the springform pan. Add a few extra sprinkles to the top. Bake the sugar cookie cake until the edges are golden brown and the center is set. While the sugar cookie cake is baking, work on the vanilla frosting.
After the cookie is cooled completely, spread the vanilla frosting to the center of the sugar cookie cake. Don’t worry about the edges that are raised up. We’re going to pipe swirls of frosting there.
Add more sprinkles and Christmas M&M’s to the top before the frosting crusts. Fit a piping bag with the 1M tip and fill with the remaining vanilla frosting. Pipe swirls around the edges of the Christmas sugar cookie cake.
For a finishing touch, add peppermint puffs and Hershey kisses to the tops of the swirls.
More Sugar Cookie Desserts:
More Cookie Cakes:
Christmas Sugar Cookie CakePrint Pin It Rate
- 17.5 oz. package sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup holiday sprinkles
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 5-7 T. heavy cream
- M&Ms, sprinkles, Hershey kisses, and peppermint puffs, for garnish for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a 9 or 10-inch springform pan by spraying the bottom with a non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the sugar cookie mix, butter, and egg. Beat until a soft dough forms.
- Stir in the sprinkles by hand.
- Press the cookie dough mixture into the bottom of your pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the top is golden brown; don’t let it get too brown.
- Cool completely and prepare the frosting.
- In a large bowl, add butter. Beat with hand mixer until creamed.
- Add in the powdered sugar and heavy cream. Beat on low until the powdered sugar is almost completely incorporated. Turn the hand mixer on high and beat until minutes for a whipped consistency.
- Spread a thin layer of frosting to the center of the cookie cake with an offset spatula.
- Top with some sprinkles and candies.
- Add the remaining frosting into a piping bag fitted with the 1M piping tip. Pipe swirls along the outer edge of the sugar cookie cake.
- Add kisses and peppermint puffs to the tops of the swirls.
- Cut and serve! Best stored in an airtight container on the countertop