This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk.
So, I like my smoothies thick like a milkshake. There's something about the texture of this chocolate peanut butter smoothie that makes me want to not stop drinking it. Really, that's not such a bad thing. Do you remember when I made the chocolate banana smoothie last year? This is kind of like that, but without the avocado and with peanut butter. They both were incredibly thick and creamy though. I feel like I'm more likely to enjoy a thinner smoothie that's fruity. I don't really know why, but that's how it is.
I'm a sucker for anything with peanut butter in it. If you've been around for any amount of time, I'm positive you already know this. I can't even tell you how many peanut butter recipes I have on the blog now. It's a huge amount especially since I started the peanut butter bash where we (a few blogger friends and myself) post a peanut butter recipe each month. Feel free to click over to the bash and find out how you can participate or follow along!
The best part about the smoothie is that it will make the perfect breakfast or an even better dessert. Everything in this smoothie can probably be found in your pantry and it's so easy peasy to throw together. I cut up two overripe bananas and threw them in the freezer for a couple hours before making this and that was the only prep work needed for it.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 2 overripe bananas sliced and frozen
- ⅓ cups peanut butter
- 1 + ½ T. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup Almond Breeze Original Almondmilk
- 1 T . granulated sugar or honey
- Add the bananas, peanut butter, cocoa powder, almondmilk and sugar into a blender. I used my little magic bullet.
- Blend until the smoothie is completely smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and drink.
- I used granulated sugar, but honey or a calorie free sweetener would work well too.
- Add another ¼ cup of milk, if you want the smoothie thinner.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)