This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MeAndMyTea #CollectiveBias
Let's get a little fruity with our iced tea, shall we? What can I say, I love summertime and using a bunch load of fruit. Let me introduce to you the blueberry pomegranate lemonade iced tea. This is an amazing tea that I put together on a whim while going through my blueberry cravings this year. It was so yummy that I knew I had to share it with everyone. Also, that color. Look at it. It's so pretty!
I've always had a love for iced tea. It takes me back to my childhood where the summers were hot and we worked outside all day. Ha! I say worked, but let's be real. I did a lot of playing too. Our ice tea wasn't this exotic. It was unsweetened iced tea. As I've gotten older, I've developed a sweet tooth. Notice how I make a lot of dessert recipes. Blame it on the sweet tooth. So, I find the fruit sweetens up the iced tea perfectly.
Iced tea is so simple to make. It's just as simple to change the flavor slightly with fruit of your choice or simple syrups. This iced tea sounds like it has a lot of components, but don't be fooled. While I was browsing the aisles at Walmart, I spotted Bigelow's half iced tea & half lemonade with pomegranate. I had to throw it in the cart and find out what it was all about. It's naturally sweetened which I love. It's also such a beautiful color. The tea bags come in a special foil package for freshness. I really adore that since I like to store my teas in my spice cabinet.
I love to sit on the porch and watch cars go by. I've done it since I was young. I still do it especially when I'm down visiting my parents. We normally stay the night since it's such a long drive. I autimatically grab myself a glass of iced tea and head out when the sun starts going down to relax. This was also something we always did after being outside all day. I love that such little things can take me back to my childhood. A glass of iced tea and a summer day out in the sun, that's all I ever need to be reminded.
Blueberry Pomegranate Lemonade Iced Tea
- 1 Bigelow tea bag
- 4 cups cold water divided
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup pomegranate juice
- blueberries and lemon slices to garnish
- Place a few blueberries in a freezer bag to freeze. These will keep your your tea chilled and also be a pretty garnish.
- In your pitcher, add in the fresh blueberries. Smash them blueberries with a wooden spoon.
- In a saucepan, bring 1 cup of water up to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, remove from the heat and add in the tea bag. Let steep for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the juice from the tea bag and discard the tea bag.
- Pour the tea into the pitcher with the fresh blueberries.
- Add in the remaining 3 cups of cold water and pomegranate juice.
- Place in the fridge until chilled.
- Pour into a cup. Add some frozen blueberries and garnish with a lemon.
(Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.)