I joined a new group called the creative cookie exchange in hopes that I post more cookie recipes. I love cookies, but I always seem to by pass the thought of making them. This months theme was “back to school cookie exchange.” I choose peanut butter no-bake cookies because kids love them and they’re easy to make. I had to put a rush on the picture taking since the husband was anxious to bite into one of these fudgy cookies.
My son isn’t at school age yet, but if he was, this would be the perfect cookie. I’m always the busiest in August and September due to all the gardening and canning. So, I can actually see this as what I would make him for a snack. Peanut butter no-bake cookies are just the cookie to make you the best mom ever. It’s a fact. When my mom made these for me as a kid, I took them to school and kids begged for me. They did the same thing for my rock candy, but that’s because candy was in its name. I think it’s just natural for young kids to beg for anything considered candy.
Peanut Butter No-Bake CookiesPrint Pin It Rate
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 3/4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Measure out the quick cooking oats and peanut butter
- Lay down wax paper on the counter
- In a large saucepan, add granulated sugar, butter, and milk.
- Turn on medium to high heat and let the butter melt. Stir often.
- Stir the ingredients until it comes to a boil. When it comes to a boil, time it for two minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in the vanilla, peanut butter, and quick cooking oats. Stir until everything is incorporated
- Spoon the mixture onto the wax paper with two spoons and let cool completely.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies from It’s Yummi